LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Fly Fishing BS thread

Old 04-04-2014, 07:35 AM   #401
BabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Infantry
BabyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer the mile to. Just got the scenery . I swung through there and spent the night but the fishing wasn't all that great.

I am hoping to get out to treasure island this weekend
Old 04-05-2014, 06:23 AM   #402
hellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hellsbay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogyman View Post
Someone please school me on salt water fly fishing! I've fresh water fly fished my entire life in the mountains of nc. I live in charleston now and only have salt water fishing and the itch of fly fishing is building up too much now. I've got a paddle board for the shallows in the marsh but I lack the knowledge of salty fishing.
Your 'entire life', at the age of 19, amounts to a 'New York minute'. Seriously, go the the MicroSkiff Forum and look around. Google flyfishing near Charleston and you will find endless opportunities for fly fishing in the spartina salt marshes around SC. Hang out at a fly fishing shop and you will get all the advise and help you will need to get started on your saltwater fly fishing adventure. As you have probably already found out, it's a lifetime affliction and can even determine your future. I can tell, it's already too late for you…, you have already slipped over to the 'Dark Side'. Native Kayaks makes some awesome kayaks that are designed around fly fishermen.

Good luck on the Darkside,

Hellsbay

Old 04-05-2014, 12:43 PM   #403
Boogyman has a spectacular aura aboutBoogyman has a spectacular aura aboutBoogyman has a spectacular aura about

Name: Phoenix
Boogyman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbay View Post
Your 'entire life', at the age of 19, amounts to a 'New York minute'. Seriously, go the the MicroSkiff Forum and look around. Google flyfishing near Charleston and you will find endless opportunities for fly fishing in the spartina salt marshes around SC. Hang out at a fly fishing shop and you will get all the advise and help you will need to get started on your saltwater fly fishing adventure. As you have probably already found out, it's a lifetime affliction and can even determine your future. I can tell, it's already too late for you…, you have already slipped over to the 'Dark Side'. Native Kayaks makes some awesome kayaks that are designed around fly fishermen.

Good luck on the Darkside,

Hellsbay
To some 19 might be a New York minuet but to me it's a lifetime lol. I've tried learning from charleston angler guys but they don't really do fly fishing and are normally pricks. I'm gonna have to check our this forum though hopefully they can be some help. Thanks!
Old 04-05-2014, 12:51 PM   #404
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogyman View Post
To some 19 might be a New York minuet but to me it's a lifetime lol. I've tried learning from charleston angler guys but they don't really do fly fishing and are normally pricks. I'm gonna have to check our this forum though hopefully they can be some help. Thanks!

I've got a buddy that just moved from charleston and he didn't have te best luck trying to fish there either. Most of the guys that wanted him to go fish with them mainly went out to get drunk. When we go fish, we go to catch fish, not drink
Old 04-05-2014, 12:52 PM   #405
Boogyman has a spectacular aura aboutBoogyman has a spectacular aura aboutBoogyman has a spectacular aura about

Name: Phoenix
Boogyman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalden2 View Post
I've got a buddy that just moved from charleston and he didn't have te best luck trying to fish there either. Most of the guys that wanted him to go fish with them mainly went out to get drunk. When we go fish, we go to catch fish, not drink
Yeah I found that out pretty quick. If I want to do serious fishing just normally go alone even when it's just a spinner
Old 04-05-2014, 05:17 PM   #406
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Alright boys, it's that time of year again. Keep your lines tight and get the damn fish on the reel!

Old 04-06-2014, 12:26 PM   #407
surfnmoto2 has a spectacular aura aboutsurfnmoto2 has a spectacular aura aboutsurfnmoto2 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Lee
surfnmoto2's Tacoma Gallery
^^Great catch. Mike !
Old 04-07-2014, 06:43 PM   #408
SDLiving is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: MST2
Name: Jared
SDLiving's Tacoma Gallery
Caught on Rapid Creek here in South Dakota. It's Rainbow spawning season! I wear a 10.5 shoe, so my largest by far on a fly rod. Picked this nice little hobby up last August.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:10 PM   #409
Caddisshack is on a distinguished road
Caddisshack's Tacoma Gallery
Hey fellas,

Been a TW member for a little while, but didn't stumble across this thread until I was looking for ways to transport my fly rods with my Taco. Maybe I'll run into you guys on the water.

I spend a lot of time on the North Platte in my drift boat...more than I do on any water in Colorado. I've been known to flail the spey rod from time to time as well.

Here's a king that I stuck in Michigan last fall...