Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Fly Fishing BS thread

Old 01-13-2013, 05:58 PM   #61
JDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
JDeLuca's Tacoma Gallery
Fly Fishing BS thread-035.jpg
Old 01-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #62
SR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Mike
SR52012's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone on here live in the tampa area? I would like to fish with someone who knew what they were doing...

Also i am thinking about taking some of the flys I tie and selling them on Craigs List. What do you guys think about that?
Old 01-16-2013, 05:00 PM   #63
fourbyfour is a glorious beacon of lightfourbyfour is a glorious beacon of lightfourbyfour is a glorious beacon of lightfourbyfour is a glorious beacon of lightfourbyfour is a glorious beacon of light

fourbyfour's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR52012 View Post
Does anyone on here live in the tampa area? I would like to fish with someone who knew what they were doing...

Also i am thinking about taking some of the flys I tie and selling them on Craigs List. What do you guys think about that?
Selling flies on craigslist will be a tough gig.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:10 PM   #64
Fly rod in one hand, hockey stick in the other
fgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

fgcutaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Im in the greater Tampa area, actually Sarasota/bradenton, if you're ever around lemme know and we can sling some bugs.
And it might sound kinda strange, but if you want to sell your flies, download instagram and push through that. Tag your pics with flyfishing hash tags and people might be interested. Its an odd way to do it, but its not hard and ive seen a buddy of mine do that exact thing and it worked out great.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:31 PM   #65
SR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to behold
SR52012's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgcutaco View Post
Im in the greater Tampa area, actually Sarasota/bradenton, if you're ever around lemme know and we can sling some bugs.
And it might sound kinda strange, but if you want to sell your flies, download instagram and push through that. Tag your pics with flyfishing hash tags and people might be interested. Its an odd way to do it, but its not hard and ive seen a buddy of mine do that exact thing and it worked out great.

When ever you want to go! I am off every thur-sat and everyother wed... I work this wed. But shoot me a txt 727-271-6600
Old 01-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #66
fgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
When ever you want to go! I am off every thur-sat and everyother wed... I work this wed. But shoot me a txt 727-271-6600
Ill send you a text sometime this week! And if youre looking for a great local fly shop look at Flint creek outfitters, awesome service, and the guys there definitely know their stuff
Old 01-28-2013, 04:42 AM   #68
SR52012's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNDrew View Post
I was in the Flint Creek in Ocala a couple of weeks ago. Very cool store!

I havent been there, but next time your down check out Orlando outfitters! they guys there are great i had a question about tying and the guy sat down and tied a fly to answer my question.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #69
TNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
TNDrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I havent been there, but next time your down check out Orlando outfitters! they guys there are great i had a question about tying and the guy sat down and tied a fly to answer my question.
I was in there too! Haha it was part of my "if we go on this vacation, there has to be at least a few stops at different fly shops" deal. I spent a good hunk of change in there. Nice guy, very quiet shop.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #70
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
I'm goin through withdrawals here. After all this rain we've had lately, they re-draining the lake, which means the tailwater is WAAAAY too high to fish, and the upper Toccoa is still flowing too fast to fish. We thought about droppin a boat in, but after the tornadoes, a lot of trees fell, so there's no tellin what's in the water that we can't see that isn't usually there. A lot of the creeks are still high, but I think we're gonna try one of them tomorrow, then maybe head up to a little trout lake if it's not successful/too high to wade.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #71
FlyFshr has a spectacular aura aboutFlyFshr has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: SecFo/Comm Ret
FlyFshr's Tacoma Gallery
The Spokane River is fairly high but fishing is still possible. You just have to find some shallower areas and run a double nymph rig through it. A Pat's Rubber Legs with a red Copper John on point has been producing results. I've been out a couple of times this winter, we've had some warmer afternoons with some sunshine.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:34 AM   #72
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
It's tryin to snow here right now, but I'm headin to hit the water anyway.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #73

FlyFshr's Tacoma Gallery
Go with the Simms G3s. You won't be disappointed. Great look, durability, and warranty.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #74
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
i was loaned a pair of simms over christmas break, loved them. i was going to buy the new orvis waders but are still out of my price range. One of the guys i went with just bought these about a month ago and says they are awesome, but not as awesome as the simms.
http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=5H5E
Old 02-04-2013, 06:33 AM   #76

FlyFshr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPreRunner View Post
i was loaned a pair of simms over christmas break, loved them. i was going to buy the new orvis waders but are still out of my price range. One of the guys i went with just bought these about a month ago and says they are awesome, but not as awesome as the simms.
http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=5H5E
I've had Hodgeman and Cabelas before. A friend had Orvis but went with Simms when he needed new ones. He did have them for quite a while though. All that said, I recommend waiting and saving to get the Simms!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:07 AM   #77
SR52012's Tacoma Gallery
I just want to go FISHINGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! someone come kidnap me from work please!!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #78
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Ya i think i am going to just hold out for a while. maybe the fishing gods will be nice to me on my bday this year.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #79

Quote:
I just want to go FISHINGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! someone come kidnap me from work please!!!!
Meet ya on the southside of the skyway? I dont have much time, but screw it! Haha
Old 02-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #80
SR52012's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgcutaco View Post
Meet ya on the southside of the skyway? I dont have much time, but screw it! Haha

Im working until wed this week so i wont be able to until thur. We def need to hook up tho!