Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Bass Tracker

Old 11-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #1
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Bass Tracker

Hey All,

Wanting to buy a bass boat, and always liked Bass Tracker. I originally thought I would want an outboard, but saw an ad on craigslist that is jet drive.

What do you guys think? Should I stay away from jet drives? Most of my fishing is shallow coves for bluegill and largemouths, so I would be using the electric trolling motor for that.

Any other concerns?

Thanks.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
I think one of my main concerns would be manuverability. I think it would be similar to jet skis, when there is no throttle, you can't turn.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
40 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Bass Tracker TX17 here.
Love it. Does what I want. Shallow draft.
For me it's the perfect ride.....
Believe me I go very shallow. Power trim and I float over logs.
Jets are inefficient. Need a bigger motor for same performance.
You can ding a prop or suck crap into the intake. I'll take a prop for my stuff
Old 11-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #4
Gray Tacoma is on a distinguished road
Marines: USMC Aircraft Crew chief
Gray Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I sold my big boat a Stratus because I'm retired and fish all the time .Gas prices ,I just couldnt afford it.Bought a Bass Tracker Pro 16 and I like it pretty well but it wont run down the river 60 mph..
Old 11-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I'd prefer an outboard myself. I've never had a jet drive myself to have any experience nor do I have the desire to have one. Then again my boat gets used in the bays and ocean so jet drive would make no sense anyway for me.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:44 AM   #6
Tripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tripps2012's Tacoma Gallery
I had a 98' Bass tracker Pro165 with a 40hp Force it wasn't a speed demon but it was great for rivers and running up creeks mouths in rivers very shallow draft and stable to fish from loved it. I will have another someday for the money they are tough to beat.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:51 AM   #7

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Tripps, was having a jet drive hard to get used to when manuevering in tight coves and pulling the boat out of the water and onto the trailer(no throttle, no steering)?
Old 11-14-2012, 05:26 AM   #8
Tripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tripps2012's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry mine was not jet drive just standard 40HP outboard. To be honest though there was no steering mine unless the prop was spinning a little if it was in full neutral forget steering.