Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Ice Fishing

Old 01-31-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ice Fishing

Searched and realized this must be the only ice fisherperson at TW. His twin sister had already gone in the house to warm up.

We don't get many chances around here. Surely some others on TW must Ice Fish!?!?!?! Show some pics of your set-up. Post tips and techniques if ya want too.

How 'bout up north where they drive out on the ice............call it..............Tacos on Ice!! lol

Old 12-14-2010, 02:44 PM   #2
tanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Tanner
tanzak88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
I know the feeling, a fine little feller posing on the ice and not one comment.

Crappie? How do they eat? Just Eastern Brooke Trout and Rainbows where I'm at. Brookies average about 3lbs and up to 7-8lbs, Rainbows through the ice average about 4lbs, and up to 8lbs. So much fun
Old 12-14-2010, 02:47 PM   #3
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like fun. my wifes family in Minnesota wants to take us out ice fishing if we are ever back there this time of year. Out here we can't, just never gets cold enough for long enough periods of time I guess.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:56 PM   #4
tanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
Looks like fun. my wifes family in Minnesota wants to take us out ice fishing if we are ever back there this time of year. Out here we can't, just never gets cold enough for long enough periods of time I guess.
http://www.fishingmagician.com/Stori...nt-Angler.aspx
Old 12-14-2010, 03:06 PM   #5
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzak88 View Post

Not this year. We had the snowiest November on record and as of monday morning the last of our snow pack was officially melted. It has been in the mid and upper 40's here for the last week, it feels more like March than mid December.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:54 PM   #6
Forever at a crossroads
09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mylene
09_tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I do some ice fishin' We often see vehicles on the lakes too.

Our custom shack

Here fishy fishy fishy fishy
Old 12-15-2010, 02:11 AM   #7
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzak88 View Post

Crappie? How do they eat? Just Eastern Brooke Trout and Rainbows where I'm at. Brookies average about 3lbs and up to 7-8lbs, Rainbows through the ice average about 4lbs, and up to 8lbs. So much fun
actually bluegills, and very delicious! Brookies and 'bows sound tasty too!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
we don't get much ice either, and if we do, it typically doesn't last very long. -1 this morning and suppose to be cold all week, hopefully if I get some time we can get back out on the pond.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09_tacoma View Post
I do some ice fishin' We often see vehicles on the lakes too.

Our custom shack

Here fishy fishy fishy fishy
awesome pics 09!! I could dig some of that!! my daughter likes to hunt and fish with me. There are pics in my gallery if you want to see her.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:09 AM   #8

EMS:
Be careful out there on the ice.... Buddy of mine just broke through in his truck. Only 10" of ice, but still.. that should be enough. (I will never drive on the ice unless it's so thick you can't auger it... then whats the point?)
Old 12-15-2010, 01:34 PM   #9
Forever at a crossroads
09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mylene
09_tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^ That's true. I only drive my snowmobile out on it. We get pretty cold winters though and there's a minimum 3 feet of ice before anyone drives out on it. The only other vehicle I'd drive out there is my ATV.