LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Fishing Rod Holder

Old 09-24-2007, 03:24 PM   #21
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
I like you're shameless "Bud light product placement" How much did Budweiser pay you to take that pic....
It's more like I pay them!!
Old 09-18-2008, 05:22 AM   #22
813Taco is on a distinguished road

813Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Just something simple i put together. Works great and keeps my poles from getting damaged.
Attached Thumbnails
Fishing Rod Holder-rodholder-8-3-08a.jpg   Fishing Rod Holder-rodholder-8-3-08c.jpg   Fishing Rod Holder-rodholder-8-3-08d.jpg  
Old 09-18-2008, 06:36 AM   #24
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (T2T2X1)Air Transportation Technical Training Instructor
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
Seems kinda "fishy" that his first post is in a thread that hasnt had activity in a year.. im thinking the OP.. has made a new account after being banned and is trying to show us what he eventually did
Old 09-18-2008, 06:47 AM   #25
813Taco is on a distinguished road

813Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09AFTacoma View Post
Seems kinda "fishy" that his first post is in a thread that hasnt had activity in a year.. im thinking the OP.. has made a new account after being banned and is trying to show us what he eventually did
Nope never banned....YET

Just joined and posted these pics under my profile, had some quick comments so i figured i would add to this tread.

Thanks to all for the comments.

Jason
Old 09-18-2008, 07:05 AM   #26
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09AFTacoma View Post
Possible,..He just saw the thread title & wanted to show his new setup. Probably didn't even see the date on the first post.(Done this myself a time or three.)
Old 09-18-2008, 07:07 AM   #27
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (T2T2X1)Air Transportation Technical Training Instructor
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
O Ok.. i just noticed it and i guess i was trying to stick the round peg in the square hole..
Old 09-18-2008, 09:08 AM   #28
Casey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud of

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo View Post
what kind of fishing are yo doing? I made this..........

The first picture is legit. Look at the lower left hand side of his bed. COPE!
Old 09-18-2008, 03:35 PM   #29
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 813Taco View Post
Just something simple i put together. Works great and keeps my poles from getting damaged.
That's pretty nice!! I'm going to have to remember your design.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:52 PM   #30
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Silver06TRD made one useing hooks from Home Depot. It looks really good. Send him a PM and ask him to take pics of it and post it!
Old 03-03-2009, 12:24 PM   #31
WARTHOG
MCRANEY will become famous soon enoughMCRANEY will become famous soon enough
Air Force: A-10 Crew Chief
MCRANEY's Tacoma Gallery
i know this was posted a while back but Are you still looking for a fishing rod holder for the bed of your truck? I have a patent pending on one i have designed and have a proto type built. if you would like to see let me know.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:39 PM   #32
NorCal Rock Whore
Killer Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Whatsurname
Killer Red Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRANEY View Post
i know this was posted a while back but Are you still looking for a fishing rod holder for the bed of your truck? I have a patent pending on one i have designed and have a proto type built. if you would like to see let me know.
Well heck if you need some research and development I can help you out.

I would like to see your design, even if this is a old thread.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:49 PM   #33
WARTHOG
MCRANEY will become famous soon enoughMCRANEY will become famous soon enough
Air Force: A-10 Crew Chief
MCRANEY's Tacoma Gallery
Even with the patent pending i am worried someone will take my idea. Not saying you would. i just have to be careful. I have been designing and working on this for about a year. All i have are the drawings. The proto type is at my house and i am painting it with a spray on bed liner type paint. i will take pictures when i am done painting it. my design will also prevent anyone from stealing your rod and reel. i still have to take pictures of it and post it on a local fishing website. What type of R&D are you talking about.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:50 PM   #34
gatorboyy13 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
gatorboyy13's Tacoma Gallery
I am very interested in this idea you have, if i had the time, money, or materials to come up with something like that i would so fast. My favorite part about it is the fact that the rods sit diagonal so less chance of hitting things and the locking the reels up is a must for me. That way i can always have my rods and not have to worry about someone stealing them.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:49 AM   #35
pistolpete is on a distinguished road
pistolpete's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 813Taco View Post
813Taco...I like the angled idea...I suggested that on another thread somewhere to a member that had the rods straight up behind the cab....keeps from ripping the tips off when you drive under low hanging overpass, tree limbs on a trail, garage door, etc....nice job...now just got to put some uprights with a self adjusting screw or compression clamp that goes from the board up to the underneath or the rail to keep the board down should you hit a big bump!
Old 05-01-2009, 05:32 AM   #36
Austin Taco is a jewel in the roughAustin Taco is a jewel in the roughAustin Taco is a jewel in the roughAustin Taco is a jewel in the rough
Austin Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Any other ideas/pictures of rod holders. I too am an avid Texas coast fisherman and I'm tired of my poles bouncing around in the bed.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:04 PM   #37
Solo Member

kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Taco View Post
Any other ideas/pictures of rod holders. I too am an avid Texas coast fisherman and I'm tired of my poles bouncing around in the bed.
How often do you get down and where do you go? I hope to get down at the end of the month for 3-4 days of camping and fishing on PINS. As far as other rod holders go I've only made a couple of the "Bazooka" rod tube holders which holds about 5-7 thirteen foot rods. The first one came out real nice and will attach to the rail system as well. This is just for transporting the rods from Dallas to the beach. When I get there I set the rod and reels up.

I'm in the process of building this bed rack right now and still have to add a thing or two, like shovel mount and maybe hi-lift jack mounts, then will be getting it sand blasted and powder coated. This rack will no longer allow me to use the first tube holders so I made some new ones and added them to the rack, they will just bolt on and off. The rack is made specifically for the "Mombasa", http://www.car-top-tent.com/, roof top tent that I hope to get here real soon. For now it will hold my spare and coolers and such. Bottom line just for more room and looks.

Let me know what you are looking for Austin taco and maybe I can throw something together for you?
Old 06-04-2009, 02:17 PM   #38
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I have recently been contemplating different ideas for a rod holder to best fit my needs. The best solution was there all along and I never realized it until today. Thought I would share. This is in a 6' bed. Not sure if it would make a difference but now you know anyways lol. The best part about this is that its free and holds the rod in place. You can haul one or two on each side like this

Old 06-04-2009, 02:29 PM   #39
Solo Member

kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcs1987 View Post
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I have recently been contemplating different ideas for a rod holder to best fit my needs. The best solution was there all along and I never realized it until today. Thought I would share. This is in a 6' bed. Not sure if it would make a difference but now you know anyways lol. The best part about this is that its free and holds the rod in place. You can haul one or two on each side like this
That's some good thinking!! Great idea!!
Old 06-04-2009, 02:32 PM   #40
dennyct@hotmail.com will become famous soon enough
Navy: Naval Security Group
dennyct@hotmail.com's Tacoma Gallery
Use the South Florida pier fishing method, Put the base of the poles on the driver's side floor and run the poles out the back center window. Keep a towel handy for the rear window in case it rains.