Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Fishing Rod Holder

Old 08-28-2007, 07:44 PM   #1
Banned
tacomaclay is on a distinguished road
tacomaclay's Tacoma Gallery
Fishing Rod Holder

Anyone know where or how to buy or make a fishing rod holder for the bed of my truck.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:53 PM   #2
Banned
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Old 08-29-2007, 09:14 PM   #3
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
A search found this. But I don't think that's what you were referring to.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:35 PM   #4
Banned
Yeah thats it thank ya bud.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:07 PM   #5
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
what kind of fishing are yo doing? I made this..........

Old 09-21-2007, 12:07 AM   #6
Mudbug is on a distinguished road

Mudbug's Tacoma Gallery
Umm....don't plan on going under any low bridges haha. How high in the air do those things poke?
Old 09-21-2007, 03:54 AM   #7
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Those power lines look awefully close to your fishing rods.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:51 AM   #9
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Why wouldn't he? I think it looks cool!
Old 09-21-2007, 07:14 AM   #10
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
I admit it is a very creative solution. I give him an A for his creativeness. Actually it has me thinking about similar uses of the tie-downs. But those poles look REALLY long in that picture.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:22 AM   #11
I dub thee malicious!

Well, I guess you have to have a bigger pole if you fishing in the bigger pond with the bigger fish.

kilo fishes on the Texas Gulf Coast.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:29 AM   #12
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kilo's Tacoma Gallery
The pole are 13' 6" plus the height of the bed, maybe 15' 6" total. I don't ride down the road that way. When I get down to the coast, I stop at the visitors center at Padre Island National Seashore, and put them all together ready for fishing. You drive up and down the beach following the bait fish and birds doing the same. If there is bait fish then we have big fish close by? So your poles have to be ready at all times and you ride with them ready, not just bouncing in your bed that's less than half the lenght of the poles, they also cost to much to tear up that way. They ride down to the beach in this that I made as well.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:33 AM   #13
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo View Post
The pole are 13' 6" plus the height of the bed, maybe 15' 6" total. I don't ride down the road that way. When I get down to the coast, I stop at the visitors center at Padre Island National Seashore, and put them all together ready for fishing. You drive up and down the beach following the bait fish and birds doing the same. If there is bait fish then we have big fish close by? So your poles have to be ready at all times and you ride with them ready, not just bouncing in your bed that's less than half the lenght of the poles, they also cost to much to tear up that way.
So they break down into sections like most poles?
Old 09-21-2007, 07:34 AM   #14
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, I would love the opportunity to go fishing in the "big" pond! Unfortunately the really big ponds are a long way from Kansas.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:46 AM   #16
Solo Member

kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoppas View Post
Thanks for the explanation Kilo. That sounds like a cool way to go fishing. What kind of fish are you after?
I'm on a shark rodeo team, but we have not caught any this year. So shark is what we target, but what ever bites works form.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:07 AM   #17
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaclay View Post
Anyone know where or how to buy or make a fishing rod holder for the bed of my truck.
Get a gun rack.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:34 AM   #18
Mudbug is on a distinguished road

Mudbug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by danusa View Post
Get a gun rack.
I have thought about putting a coach gun back there just to scare off the little bastards that think they can get behind me and flash their high beams at me.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:33 AM   #19
Banned
ghostsix is an unknown quantity at this point
Location: A WI farm, Sonora, Sedona, Lake Havesue and Canyon Lake.
ghostsix's Tacoma Gallery
Rod holder

If gun racks on the sides do not work; I am partial to 2.5 Rocket Launchers or
command detonated

LAW`s.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:30 AM   #20
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo View Post
The pole are 13' 6" plus the height of the bed, maybe 15' 6" total. I don't ride down the road that way. When I get down to the coast, I stop at the visitors center at Padre Island National Seashore, and put them all together ready for fishing. You drive up and down the beach following the bait fish and birds doing the same. If there is bait fish then we have big fish close by? So your poles have to be ready at all times and you ride with them ready, not just bouncing in your bed that's less than half the lenght of the poles, they also cost to much to tear up that way. They ride down to the beach in this that I made as well.

I like you're shameless "Bud light product placement" How much did Budweiser pay you to take that pic....