Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

heavy fishing pressure..day break or sun down?

Old 05-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #1
clc clc is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
heavy fishing pressure..day break or sun down?

Basically to avoid the pressure is it best to get out early or late? I wanna avoid the croweds. During the week i would imagine after work hours are bad and weekends are bad all day lol.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:05 PM   #2
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by clc clc View Post
Basically to avoid the pressure is it best to get out early or late? I wanna avoid the croweds. During the week i would imagine after work hours are bad and weekends are bad all day lol.
Early morning is best, followed by the evening. You can also be part of a mean afternoon bite if you time it right. I kinda, sorta do this for a living
Old 05-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #3
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
For heavy pressure bass would live bait work well? I know other finesse techniques work but im a weekend warrior.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #4
aj hank is on a distinguished road

Name: AJ
aj hank's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on where you are. Near me, weekdays are pretty empty no matter what time. I'd say evenings on the weekends would be less crowded than mornings
Old 05-22-2013, 10:29 PM   #5
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
Early morning is best, followed by the evening. You can also be part of a mean afternoon bite if you time it right. I kinda, sorta do this for a living
Lucky bastard...

As for the OP's question I tend to find more pressure from other anglers in the evening than in the morning.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #6
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
For heavy pressure bass would live bait work well? I know other finesse techniques work but im a weekend warrior.
Check the laws, live bait is outlawed here for bass. You want to get the boat in the water just before sun up. that will be your best bet. Drop shot has been a favorite of mine in mid summer pressure when you have to work for a bite.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #7
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
M3
As far as i know live bait is legal in PA. Im going to have and try this drop shot and wacky worm stuff. Any easier noob things to try first? Should ad this is a electric motor only lake so it isnt that big.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #8
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
M3
As far as i know live bait is legal in PA. Im going to have and try this drop shot and wacky worm stuff. Any easier noob things to try first? Should ad this is a electric motor only lake so it isnt that big.
Top water frog!!its a must. Try the senko, crank bait, crawfish, alhabama rig (prolly not in a pond though), leeche, etc
Old 05-22-2013, 10:57 PM   #9
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
Jay
Just curious do you fish shiners at all?
Old 05-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #10
aj hank is on a distinguished road

Name: AJ
aj hank's Tacoma Gallery
Live bait is legal in pa..for bass, I love a rooster tail. I've always done well with them
Old 05-23-2013, 01:49 AM   #11
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
M3
its all trial and error my friend. i could write page after page my experiences. hell, just yesterday i had a big ol bass try to eat the 11" rainbow trout i was reeling in next to the dock.

start with doing a lot of reading and research. try the wacky senko and drop shot. cheap rigs that i think perform great.
wacky:

i used a different more aggressive and smaller hook but the idea is the same.
drop shot:

i use a small hook here as well. the key is to use a palamar knot so the hook point is pointing up as in the picture. then you cast it out to the structure your fishing and shake it. move it a little, shake some more, abd repeat.