Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

World Record Snakehead

Old 06-05-2013, 04:40 AM   #1
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired SNCO
virginiamarine's Tacoma Gallery
World Record Snakehead

This is near me.....I'm dying to go out and catch one. All the guys I know say that it's the best eating fish they've ever caught (freshwater). Of course, one of the yakers stated...."they come to America and get fat!"

http://www.wtop.com/120/3346723/Is-t...a-world-record
Old 06-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #2
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
I've caught these in S. Fl., I had no clue they were that far north. Mine was not nearly that big.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #4
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
My fishing forum up here all agree that this record will be broken year after year because there have been many caught above that weight already. Many of the kills are done by bowfishing and not considered in the weigh in. I think I'd rather have these guys than the carps smothering the waterways....at least we can eat these.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #5
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamarine View Post
My fishing forum up here all agree that this record will be broken year after year because there have been many caught above that weight already. Many of the kills are done by bowfishing and not considered in the weigh in. I think I'd rather have these guys than the carps smothering the waterways....at least we can eat these.
Really? I was under the impression that they were so aggressive in the Potomac that they were destroying other good species like Bass. Heard the same about Florida waterways as well....my only knowledge is watching some invasive species show and being an avid fisherman glad that there not in the midwest...yet
Old 06-07-2013, 04:05 AM   #6
Yeah, I thought the same thing too about SHs killing everything out there, but it turns out that these SHs are a lazy bunch who ambush. All my fisherman reports show photos and videos of catching nice large mouths in the same vicinity as these big SHs. I've been keeping tabs on the reports and so far....crappie, yellow perch, shad, small mouth, large mouth fishing have all been very very good. The high dollar restaurants in this area (washington DC) have been serving Snakehead on the menu! lol.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/boa...ml#post6930990
Old 06-07-2013, 08:25 PM   #8
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
That is one nasty looking MOFO!!!! I'd make a rockstar out of everyone of those fuckers i caught.