Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Tacoma & Jon Boat ?????

Old 06-05-2013, 10:43 PM   #1
fjrmurph will become famous soon enoughfjrmurph will become famous soon enough
fjrmurph's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma & Jon Boat ?????

I have an acess cab with a six ft box, i'm thinking of a 12 ft jon boat. will i fit? Has anyone ever hauled one. I have a fiberglass cap so it might be tough to tie down but i'll figure out something?

THKS
Old 06-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
just sittin' in the corner, havin' a beer
eastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
eastcoastcowboy's Tacoma Gallery
I haul a 10' x 42" fibreglass trihull in the bed of mine. I wouldn't think twice about trying a 12'.

Strap across the rail at the front of the box to hold it down, rachet strap to the trailer hitch, good to go.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
i also have a 6ft bed but a foot is gone with the toolbox and hauled a 10ft boat back there for a few years. i wouldnt recommend goin past that without some sort of support but i have seen crazier stuff done. dont be shy with the straps and remember a red flag off the back
Old 06-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #4
fjrmurph will become famous soon enoughfjrmurph will become famous soon enough
fjrmurph's Tacoma Gallery
I gave up on the idea of an aluminum boat. The Jon boat was only rated for 335 lbs. I have a 12 ft Zodiak inflatable on the way, capacity 1300 lbs