LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Crappies

Old 02-25-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
Bs 02 Taco will become famous soon enough

Bs 02 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Crappies

Just wanting to know what the best baits and presentations are to catch these little buggers
I am starting tournament fishing in a month with a buddy and need some advice
Thanks
B
Old 02-25-2009, 06:33 PM   #2
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....
bwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Corporal MACS-2
Name: Ben
bwood_usmc's Tacoma Gallery
I have had the best luck catching crappie on live minnows.... but always done good with any kind of bright colored 1/4 ounce jig thats just me though
Old 02-25-2009, 07:58 PM   #4
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Minnows here.....or small jigs for lure fishing.

Caught a 2lb crappie once on minnows at night with a floating light.

THE REAL QUESTION:
Do you pronounce it CRAPPY or CROPPY? I pronounce it CROPPY
Old 02-26-2009, 05:33 AM   #5
Bs 02 Taco will become famous soon enough

Bs 02 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks a lot everyone for your responses
I heard about minnows as well as small jigs, but I know there are some out there that have "special" secret baits that they use
I just wanted an edge my first time out ya know...
Thanks again, and if you think, or hear of anything else, please dont hesitate to share
Old 02-26-2009, 05:41 AM   #6
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
I have heard black & yellow jigs. It depends on the water color. If it is stained/muddy go with chartruese jigs. Also check local Mom & Pop tackle stores for what is good in that areas lakes.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:56 AM   #7
1 man wolf pack
Hardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Evan
Hardcorehehaw's Tacoma Gallery
I Always had the best luck with minnows but have also caught them on bettlespins.
If you're gonna be using minnows I recommend a crappie rig, it has two hooks and a weight at the bottom. When I'm fishing for them I just drop it to the bottom, real it up a foot or two and drift across the lake. Unless of course I know where some good holes or cover is
Old 02-26-2009, 07:21 PM   #8
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Didnt know they started tournys for crappies. I've been catchin them on minners
Old 02-26-2009, 07:23 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i always have good luck with either live minnows or chartreuse jigs!!! flickin rod(short rod and reel) around boat docks/boat houses should do the trick!!
Old 02-26-2009, 07:27 PM   #10
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i always have good luck with either live minnows or chartreuse jigs!!! flickin rod(short rod and reel) around boat docks/boat houses should do the trick!!
that works good to. i love using my 5'6" ultralight with 4 pound line. makes them lil fish feel like a big ol blue cat!

try throwin solid white jigs tipped with small minners with a bobber set about 1.5' up. flick it into a shallow cove and leave your livewells lid open
Old 02-26-2009, 07:43 PM   #11
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Tips to Crappie fishing are things you take to the grave....

All i'll tell ya is try minnows or little jigs....

Lots of good times to be had sitting out crappie fishing all night
Old 02-27-2009, 04:24 PM   #12
Redneck from the hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
Tips to Crappie fishing are things you take to the grave....
Heard that! Papaw still dont tell me everything he knows. just passes it down a little at a time!
Old 02-27-2009, 04:26 PM   #13
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery

they come in a variety of colors...pretty much my go to bream/crappie/etc lure
Old 02-27-2009, 06:25 PM   #14
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
I just got back from fishing. I was bass fishing but caught GIANT crappie on a 6" pink senko that is a new lake record and I caught another nice crappie on a red rattle trap.
I usually do very well with a grub in white with a pink tail fished on a 1/16 or 1/8oz jig head.
pumpkin seed chart works good as well as red chart tail.
Try several different colors to find what works the best for your area.