LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Educate me on bankin it on the ocean

Old 12-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
Educate me on bankin it on the ocean

I just moved to Pensacola and figure I aught to try some saltwater fishing, but I don't know anything about it. What are some fish I can expect to catch from the shore? Which ones are worth eating? What about lures? Will I be able to use my bass lures in the ocean with any luck?

Also, how do you care for your rods and reels with all the salt water? Would just spraying it down with a hose and pulling it apart to let it dry be sufficient?
Old 12-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
Fish On !!!
SH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kevin
SH7mi's Tacoma Gallery
Fishing in Florida you better have a fish thesaurus with you, many different species you can catch there. Your bass lures will probably work to some success but ask some local anglers and bait stores they will point you in the right direction. As for your rods and reels, hose them off with fresh water after every usage then at least once or twice a year give your reels a tune up ( dismantle, clean, oil and regrease bearings ) .
Old 12-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #3
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, the beauty of fishing the salt in Florida is you never know what you might be pulling up! There are so many species that get pulled up on the Gulf Stream, they just get caught in the current and scatter all over the Florida. You will see a lot less of it in Pensacola, but you will still see some of it.