So, I'm thinking about trying to find a used boat. Nothing fancy, but something decent. I've never owned a boat (other than my jet ski) and I've driven one a few times, but I know very little about them.
So, my questions to you boat guys are:
1. If I buy from an individual, what should I look for to be good/bad?
2. Do you normally "test drive" a boat before you buy it?
3. Do boat dealers sell used boats too like car dealerships or do they just sell new ones?
Since this is my first boat, I'm not looking to spend a bunch of money... One day I'd like to get a nice boat that matches my truck, but not yet.
EDIT: The three things I would like out of this boat:
1. Comfortable to hang out on the lake with a few friends and my dogs
2. Want to be able to fish from it
3. I wouldn't mind being able to pull a skier or tube, but this isn't a deal breaker.
I don't care about speed. I don't care about bling.