Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Thoughts on this boat for sale...

Old 06-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #21
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
I appreciate the offer, but think I'll pass...
well me and a friend are going to hook it up and tow it out when i get my tow straps
Old 06-04-2009, 06:35 PM   #22
KarlHungus is on a distinguished road

KarlHungus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
A title search... Does that just involve finding the person to whom it's currently registered and asking them if they have it or something?
Looks like all you'd need to do is have the seller fill out a title transfer form, even if there is no title:

http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/rlp/lic...e_transfer.pdf

A boat that old probably doesn't have a hull ID (same as VIN). If it hasn't been licensed in a while, it might not have a registration number either. I'd call the number on the bottom of the form above just to be sure...
Old 06-04-2009, 06:47 PM   #23
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The Hull ID should be on the Transom
Old 06-04-2009, 07:03 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
The Hull ID should be on the Transom

HID's started in 1972. A '61 Crestliner might not have one. Any ID on the boat is probably a manufacturer serial number or a state generated registration number.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:03 PM   #25
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlHungus View Post
HID's started in 1972. A '61 Crestliner might not have one. Any ID on the boat is probably a manufacturer serial number or a state generated registration number.
Gottcha! Thanks.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:11 PM   #26
Icepick is on a distinguished road

Icepick's Tacoma Gallery
I was just checking my Pm's & seen this thread. thanks for the link on the transfer form. Iv'e been looking at buying my 3rd boat for about a month in the Minn. area.or ND. to bring back to Winnipeg. Waay nicer boats in these 2 states than up here in Manitoba. I had a 12 foot aluminum , then 14' Lund with a floor, sold it , now i'm looking at 16' lund etc, if i see one in speedway blue i'll be over the border in an hour..this site always amazes me. boat info i need on a truck site. brilliant.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:33 PM   #27

Icepick - I left a bunch of my brain cells in the Osborne Village area back in the mid 90's. Can you bring them back down here when you get that new boat? I really miss them...
Old 06-04-2009, 07:55 PM   #28
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just went and checked it out... Here's a couple of pics I took...

I almost drove away with it, but two things kept me from it... The engine was running really rich, so the barrel of water we were running it in was black after about 10 minutes of running.

Second, the steering wheel shook. It didn't affect steering at all, but it made me wonder if I'd hate it after a while or if it would be hard to fix. And we looked - it's not simply a "tighten a nut" or anything like that...

I told him I'd think about it. But the interior of the boat is huge! Lots of room... And the restoration job is top notch...
Old 06-04-2009, 07:59 PM   #29
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
That does look nice! The vibration may be a combination of the rich running and the cable steering.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #31

Quote:
Well, the whole steering column shakes like it's loose. Not just vibrations...
Many outboards do that...It smoothes out when the boat is on plane.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #32
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Well, the whole steering column shakes like it's loose. Not just vibrations...
That doesn't sound right. Did you say anything to the seller?
Old 06-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #33

And for the runnning rich part, a carb adjust or rebuild should fix that. Thats a nice boat!
Old 06-04-2009, 08:04 PM   #34
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
That doesn't sound right. Did you say anything to the seller?
Yeah, the two of us tinkered with it for a few minutes but to no avail...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
And for the runnning rich part, a carb adjust or rebuild should fix that. Thats a nice boat!
Yeah, I called a boat mechanic and he said it's just a matter of finding the right mixture. The carb was rebuilt last year.

But, the seats aren't bolted down yet, so the sky is the limit on the interior... And considering what I've done to my truck.....................
Old 06-04-2009, 08:05 PM   #35

Marines:
That guys seems to have a nice collection, another boat, a plane, a car.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:07 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
That guys seems to have a nice collection, another boat, a plane, a car.

The planes aren't his - he works at an airport. But, he has three boats. A 95 Bayliner, this '61 Crestliner and a late '50s Crestliner that he also restored but had an accident with on the highway.... He also has a snowmobile sitting there.

He said he has too many toys, that's why he's selling this boat.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #37

Very nice resto! Pull up to Lord Fletchers in that on a Friday night and the old farts will be lined up to tell you about the one they had just like it back in the day.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #40

Marines:
Haha, No I didn't!