Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Thoughts on this boat for sale...

Old 06-05-2009, 01:37 AM   #41
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
I used to have a 1960 Johnson super sea horse 40 hp if I remember right the oil mix was like a quart to 6 gallons of gas. It woulf turn water in a trash can pretty quick. I found everything on the motor and still have it somewhere, found it all on ebay and local shops. Only thing I couldn't find was rings for the pistons. It was the only motor ever made that had a water choke on it. Got some funny looks in the marine store when I asked about that. Mechanic in the store said he worked on motors for 25 years and never heard of it. Owner was asked and he identified the motor by mechanic saying it had a water choke. I bought mine to go on a old 1956 Chris Craft. Wooden boats are great where you live, but not in the south, too much upkeep. Sounds like a nice boat and a lot of fun to own. The steering is probably a cable steer with pulley's so that could account for the vibration.

Murph
Old 06-05-2009, 10:35 AM   #42
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I think I'm gonna go look at this boat this afternoon or tomorrow...

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/boa/1205678570.html
Quote:
For Sale is a Alumacraft 16 ft console (steering wheel) Boat with a 50 horse Mercury.

The boat features seating for 3. Storage compartments, rod locker, windshield, aerated live well, lights, automatic bilge, drivers console, carpeted interior, rod holders & many more options.

The bunk trailer was just completly redone: new bunks, LCD lifetime lights (they dont burn out) new winch, winch rope, tires & bearing buddies.
Trailer has a lifetime license & the boat is licensed through 2011. Trailer has 1 7/8 ball.

Motor is in great condition & just tuned up. Starts every time. Will demo in driveway or take you for a spin for (serious buyers).

Fishes 2 adults perfect! This boat has been on Vermillion, Minnetonka, Mileacs & the St. Croix. Very dependable.

Will reply to the order in which I receive. This has been a great boat. Reasin for selling- Just purchased a new boat. You can pick up this boat & head right to the lake witout any problems.
Just more along the lines of what I was looking for originally...