LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Fishing Rod Holder question and Ideas!

Old 04-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #61
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
How much that reel be? I looked at the website and there were no prices. I know the Stradic lines are close to $200 for a reel alone, to say the least.
I'm going down to Bass Pro tomorrow to pick up the new Stradic CI4 in the 2500 series and might pick up a G Loomis Drop Shot Rod. Its hard for me to justify spending 200+ dollars for a rod but I've never owned one. They are the Icon's of the fishing rod world

I won't get that handle though...they have 3 options. I'll go with the standard flat one
Old 04-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #62
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 04-22-2012, 05:26 AM   #63
85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
85okhai's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
I'm going down to Bass Pro tomorrow to pick up the new Stradic CI4 in the 2500 series and might pick up a G Loomis Drop Shot Rod. Its hard for me to justify spending 200+ dollars for a rod but I've never owned one. They are the Icon's of the fishing rod world

I won't get that handle though...they have 3 options. I'll go with the standard flat one
Youre gonna love that reel. I have the 4000 size and have caught anything from trout, big 30"+ bull reds,kings, and even amberjack. The one thing that did almost turn me away from getting that was the handle though, like you said they have a standard handle but I think the ci4 only comes with the round one I know the 4000 size comes with one a little bigger than the smaller sizes. The handle does take a little while to get used to but once you get used to it, it is actually pretty comfortable in your hand. Cant say much about the rod those g loomis sure are nice but havent quite justified spending $200+ on a rod lol
Old 05-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #64
live4perfection will become famous soon enoughlive4perfection will become famous soon enough
live4perfection's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my solution...I've had these bad boys for at least 6 yrs...worth every penny of the $90 I spent.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #65
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by live4perfection View Post
Here's my solution...I've had these bad boys for at least 6 yrs...worth every penny of the $90 I spent.

quite a rig you got man, looks awesome! heavy duty too.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:20 AM   #66
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
My 2 piece rods go under bungees under the roof of my cap. I keep my kayak paddles and life vest up there too. I have more bungees now than in the picture.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #67
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Here's mine:

I have a Thule Track that is thru-bolted to the roof of my cap. The bolts extend enough that I configured a way to attach aircraft cable from one side to another using d-rings and wingnuts. I put the cable through a length of pvc pipe and then foam pipe insullation over the pvc. I then cut out spots for the rods to sit into.

its working pretty well so far, still trying to figure out the best way to keep them from shifting when hitting bumps/offroad.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #68
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery

Working on mine. Attaching to bed rail. Using 1.5" PVC. Hope it's not too small down the road
Old 04-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #69
PuffDr4gon is one of the sharper tools in the shedPuffDr4gon is one of the sharper tools in the shedPuffDr4gon is one of the sharper tools in the shedPuffDr4gon is one of the sharper tools in the shedPuffDr4gon is one of the sharper tools in the shedPuffDr4gon is one of the sharper tools in the shedPuffDr4gon is one of the sharper tools in the shedPuffDr4gon is one of the sharper tools in the shedPuffDr4gon is one of the sharper tools in the shedPuffDr4gon is one of the sharper tools in the shedPuffDr4gon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
PuffDr4gon's Tacoma Gallery
Here's how I did it. I used a Rotopax mount to hold Berkley tube rod holders. I thought about going the tool box route, but didn't want to take away room for my kayak. This way my kayak can still sit flush against the tool box.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/boa...pax-mount.html

Old 06-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #70
sparky1231 is on a distinguished road
sparky1231's Tacoma Gallery
Here's mine. This is first mod I made. Just got my truck last week and needed something quick for a trip this coming weekend. I bought a four rod holder from the local Bass Pro Shops and painted them black. (They didn't have them at the Walmart by me, so I probably over paid @ $25.) I just bought some stainless steel hardware at Lowes to mount it. I got one inch washers that I used on both sides. I angled the one end into the utility rail system and popped it in place and used a wing nut on the other side to secure it. It's really easy to remove when not needed.

You can see it here before mounting where I screwed corks to the bottom. These keep it from bending in toward the bed wall:

Here it is pre-assembled and ready to be mounted:

Here it is mounted. It's a little off center because the corks needed to go into the indentions to fit. I may cut the corks to allow me to center if it starts to bug me.

Here's the hardware I used:
Old 11-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #71
penguinwobbler is on a distinguished road
penguinwobbler's Tacoma Gallery
she's real strong
Attached Thumbnails
Fishing Rod Holder question and Ideas!-img_2126.jpg   Fishing Rod Holder question and Ideas!-img_2145.jpg   Fishing Rod Holder question and Ideas!-img_2146.jpg   Fishing Rod Holder question and Ideas!-img_2343.jpg   Fishing Rod Holder question and Ideas!-img_2332.jpg  

Old 11-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #72
ironmanjay is on a distinguished road

ironmanjay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinwobbler View Post
she's real strong
Did you make that or but it?
Old 11-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #73
penguinwobbler is on a distinguished road
penguinwobbler's Tacoma Gallery
all hand made
Old 11-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #74
Liam TRD is a jewel in the roughLiam TRD is a jewel in the roughLiam TRD is a jewel in the rough
Name: Liam
Liam TRD's Tacoma Gallery
ok, so I am a tournament bass fisherman. I have a double cab short bed, and expensive rods. I was wondering what any of you guys do that fish on the road if any of yall do? I DONT have two pieces, and my shortest rod is a 6'6" and the go as long as a 7'11". I dont really want a camper shell. I the only way I can currently safely secure my rods in in the passenger seat of my truck, but when I am traveling with people it doesnt really work. I was thinking about a roof rack with a locking rod tube maybe. Im not sure if I want to invest in stuff like this yet though. any thoughts?
Old 11-20-2013, 06:03 AM   #75
blitz is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
blitz's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-20-2013, 06:03 AM   #76
blitz is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
blitz's Tacoma Gallery