Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Fishing Rod Holder question and Ideas!

Old 06-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
gatorboyy13 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
gatorboyy13's Tacoma Gallery
Fishing Rod Holder question and Ideas!

I have been looking just about every for a simple solution of rod holders in the bed, I was wondering if there was any way to mount rod holders at an andle on the tool box without drilling? if anyone has any idea i would be glad to hear them! thanks!
Old 06-03-2009, 07:35 PM   #2
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
Strap PVC to it somehow . . .
Old 06-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #3

ya i know i was definitely thinking PVC, just dont know how to strap it!
Old 06-04-2009, 04:06 PM   #4
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Do you have any pictures of the box and bed?
Old 06-04-2009, 04:14 PM   #5
SMO

^^Nice
Old 06-05-2009, 08:53 AM   #6

no i dont have any pictures because i haven't gotten it yet, im in miami and i am getting it as soon as i get home to georgia. Pdopy3 thats a great idea but especially with a toolbox i can not fit my rod on the side i have already tried that.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:06 PM   #7

i have a xtra cab. Do they make a roof rack for and xtra cab?
Old 06-05-2009, 08:33 PM   #8

thanks man, i will look into that because i really like the roof racks on tacomas
Old 08-18-2009, 04:51 PM   #9
Old Guy Member
satchsd is just really nicesatchsd is just really nicesatchsd is just really nicesatchsd is just really nice

Air Force: mech
satchsd's Tacoma Gallery
heres mine

homade flyrod holder even works going down road at 70 they also have suction cup mounts that do the same thing but you have take them off while your fishing so no one will steal them
Attached Thumbnails
Fishing Rod Holder question and Ideas!-truck_flyfish4.jpg   Fishing Rod Holder question and Ideas!-truck_flyfish2.jpg   Fishing Rod Holder question and Ideas!-truck_flyfish1.jpg   Fishing Rod Holder question and Ideas!-truck_flyfish3.jpg  
Old 10-29-2011, 07:00 PM   #10
whitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant future

Name: Matt
whitetail's Tacoma Gallery
heres my rig it take two 75 cent cord clams from homedept but i plan on building somthing cooler when its warm again...
Attached Thumbnails
Fishing Rod Holder question and Ideas!-009.jpg   Fishing Rod Holder question and Ideas!-010.jpg  
Old 01-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #12

^^ I like it!

I have got some prototype ones I made but the pictures were on my other phone, ill take some and get em up on here. They attach to the tool box just on the lid so there is no drilling into your tool box, Im currently in a full design process for the real version of these! Soon to come!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #13
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorboyy13 View Post
I have been looking just about every for a simple solution of rod holders in the bed, I was wondering if there was any way to mount rod holders at an andle on the tool box without drilling? if anyone has any idea i would be glad to hear them! thanks!
We call them Rocket Launchers and they're usually on an overhead rack.

Looks like this guy used the Tite-Lok product (PVC would work) and bolted (or welded) them to some aluminum angle.
I would want them in front of the tool box so they didn't kill access and I would try to integrate with Taco's rail system for attachment. Not on top like these.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:28 AM   #14
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I can't believe I hadn't posted in here. I've had two different designs over the years.

My first one simply used a 1x8 that it into the cubby holes, and I attached a rod holder to that

That ended up taking up too much of the bed for me, so I eventually made one out of PVC that attaches to the bed rails.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
I can't believe I hadn't posted in here. I've had two different designs over the years.

My first one simply used a 1x8 that it into the cubby holes, and I attached a rod holder to that

That ended up taking up too much of the bed for me, so I eventually made one out of PVC that attaches to the bed rails.

Yeah thats a bad ass design! Similar to what I'm going for! I think the angled look is the only way to go.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:07 AM   #16
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
that does look really sharp keith. . . i just throw my poles in the bed and drive
Old 01-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #17
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-24-2012, 09:09 AM   #18
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
that does look really sharp keith. . . i just throw my poles in the bed and drive
Thanks. my dogs step on them so I had to innovate

Old 01-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #19
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Thanks. my dogs step on them so I had to innovate
yeah i imagine the first time you were sitting at the lake/pond with a hook in some fur trying to keep an anxious dog still while you approached him with a pocket knife called for some changes haha.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:06 PM   #20
150,000 miles and counting
mcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud of

Name: sean
mcleod90's Tacoma Gallery
hey kpt how are your rods holding up in the pvc? do you ever move it closer to the tailgate so you clear the tire fenders and take your reel off so the rods sit in there further down?

i am thinking of doing this but wonder how well the rods stay in when they are only in like 8" in the pvc