Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Lake Seminole Georgia/Florida

Old 06-22-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
Lake Seminole Georgia/Florida

Anyone ever spend any time fishing on this lake seminole? Its located about 2 hours from me so I am considering buying a houseboat on this lake. Great getaway place for me and gives me a place to escape on weekends and summers.

Georgia rates it as there #1 large mouth bass lake supposedly. I enjoy fishing year round (except for deer season). I just havent any experience on this particular lake.

Im looking at a permanently docked houseboat without any motors. Power, TV, Internet, and sewer all included right at the dock hookup. I tie up on the boat on the waterside.

Here is a link: http://www.teresort.com/ddterphotogallery2.html

Anyone know anything about this community or the lake area?

Old 06-23-2009, 12:20 AM   #3
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Best thing to do is rent a boat, or bring your own, or go with a buddy, and cruise up & down the lake & see if it is a lake you would like.

I have fished different Ga lakes: Jackson,Oconee,Sinclair,Lanier,West point. Out of those lakes, I like Lanier the best. Sinclair comes in 2nd. Lanier has cleaner water & has nice shorelines.

As for Seminole. I have never ventured that far south. But before sinking some money in a permanent resident on a lake. Investigate it. Worst outcome, You enjoyed a day on the lake & may have liked or disliked the lake.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:54 AM   #4
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
Im heading back over to Lake Seminole again this weekend. Going to check out the fishing and drive the lake when possible.

My last trip I encountered a HUGE alligator that swam right by my boat. I thought it was a huge log at first that was floating and suddenly the log had eyes and it swam away. Not really a place I would jump in to cool off.

Being that its only 2 hours from where i live it would be a great weekend getaway spot if the fishing is as indicated though.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:26 AM   #5
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraQr View Post
Im heading back over to Lake Seminole again this weekend. Going to check out the fishing and drive the lake when possible.

My last trip I encountered a HUGE alligator that swam right by my boat. I thought it was a huge log at first that was floating and suddenly the log had eyes and it swam away. Not really a place I would jump in to cool off.

Being that its only 2 hours from where i live it would be a great weekend getaway spot if the fishing is as indicated though.

Summer is the toughest time to fish GA lakes. The best fishing is Spring & prespawn March-June & Fall when they fatten up for winter September to December.