LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Weekend Fishing

Old 07-12-2009, 09:21 AM   #1
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Weekend Fishing

I took off work on Friday and went deep sea fishing out of Port Aransas. We went about 30 miles out. There was only 2-3 foot seas and it was very calm. I caught my biggest Red Snapper and a nice Atlantic Sharpnose Shark. The boat really didn't catch anything cool but it was still fun.
I then came home and my buddy needed help moving a new fridge for his cabin and did a little bass fishing at his lake out there. My three biggest were 5lb 4oz, 6lb 2oz and 6lb 14oz.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:10 AM   #3
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
great pics tex!
Old 07-12-2009, 11:24 AM   #5
TroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to all

Name: Mike
TroutBum's Tacoma Gallery
Nice catch tex!

Mike
Old 07-12-2009, 11:32 AM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
awesome pics man!!! that red snapper looked mighty tasty!!! nice bass too man!!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:11 PM   #7
Griztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to behold
Griztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like you had a great day.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:14 PM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Hell yea, nice largemouth dude!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:24 PM   #9
pgfaulkner is on a distinguished road
pgfaulkner's Tacoma Gallery
catch and release

what about catch and release dude???
Old 07-21-2009, 07:28 PM   #10
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet man! That does it... Gonna pack up and go out this weekend. Very nice pics!
Old 07-22-2009, 08:41 AM   #11
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgfaulkner View Post
The bigger bass were released. The smaller bass we cleaned and put in the freezer. It is a managed lake on my friends ranch and he has followed the advice of a biologist for the last 10 years and the lake has put out some very big bass and the overall population has never been better. If we dont keep some of the smaller fish they will over populate and then the food will be wiped out.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:12 AM   #12
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgfaulkner View Post
lol the only catch and release i do is when i catch em and release em into the fryin pan full of peanut oil.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:29 AM   #13
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
The bigger bass were released. The smaller bass we cleaned and put in the freezer. It is a managed lake on my friends ranch and he has followed the advice of a biologist for the last 10 years and the lake has put out some very big bass and the overall population has never been better. If we dont keep some of the smaller fish they will over populate and then the food will be wiped out.
Right on, if you are pulling 6 to 7lb bass out of a pond, it is more than likely managed well. I have seen too many 1-5 acre ponds that are not managed only muster up 2-3 lb fish. Take out the smallones and the big daddy's will thrive!!! Great Bass pics, a fried bass sandwhich is a good meal as well....
Old 07-22-2009, 08:21 PM   #14

tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
Right on, if you are pulling 6 to 7lb bass out of a pond, it is more than likely managed well. I have seen too many 1-5 acre ponds that are not managed only muster up 2-3 lb fish. Take out the smallones and the big daddy's will thrive!!! Great Bass pics, a fried bass sandwhich is a good meal as well....
The pond is about 25 acres. Here are some pics of a few bass I caught a few years ago from the same pond. I will agree that too many ponds get filled with nice 2-3 pound bass but dont have a chance to become 6+ pounds. I like my bass with some tarter sauce and potato wedges.

11 pounds

9 pounds 6oz
Old 07-22-2009, 08:23 PM   #15
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
Huge!
Old 07-22-2009, 08:24 PM   #16
HSG100 is on a distinguished road

HSG100's Tacoma Gallery
Nice catches.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:28 PM   #17
Slypted is a jewel in the roughSlypted is a jewel in the roughSlypted is a jewel in the rough

Air Force:
Name: Frank
Slypted's Tacoma Gallery
Wow!! Nice fish dude!
Old 07-24-2009, 12:38 PM   #18
TX Trill
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
WOW those are huge!! Biggest I've caught is a 6!
Old 07-24-2009, 12:47 PM   #19
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Pics!

Old 07-24-2009, 12:57 PM   #20
Believe
phynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
phynyx38's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pics, all I can say is Wow! Those fish are awesome.