Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

JOLLEY Lure hook protector

View Poll Results: Do you like the Lure Protector
Like IT 5 55.56%
Don't 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
WV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to behold
WV_Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up JOLLEY Lure hook protector

I do a lot of white water rafting-fishing for Smallmouth around West Virginia/KY area. Some class V stuff....So it gets a bit rough when running the rapids with full frame and overnight gear. Having the fishing poles out when in a rapid, you run the possiblity of flipping and grabbing a hook or just getting hooked, would not be a good outcome....

So I did what most fishermen would do, get out the old copy of BassPro/Cabelas and see what they have....A nylon wrap with velcro edges....Or a hook clip thing....These could still hook you when pulled on hard..................................Sooooooooo

So I invented the "JOLLEY LURE HOOK PROTECTOR" in my Dads loving memory, who passed not to long ago. He took me fishing all the time when I was young...I know he is smiling/laughing at this now, I love him forever just like the rest of his family...God Bless him and anyone who has had to lose a loved one...I wish you all the best, my friends!!!

*It can be made by "YOU" (under my patent NOT pending, lol) to fit any size lure on any rod/reel combo.
*It costs around $2.00 at local walmart or fishing store. Some minor tools/brains required.
*Works to protect lure snags in your TRUCK, BOAT,CAMPER, or HOUSE....... Really anywhere between where you keep the ROD/Hook to where you take the rod/Hook...........

It solves all hooking issues.
You need sharp knife/razor blade and/or hot iron to melt excessive plastic away to fit your needs.
Get the size box for your lure/hook size.
Use one with a quality clip to close and secure your lure/hooks.
  • All I wish is you send me any modifcations used to make it better or fit your needs...I would like to see the progress!!!
  • Please keep the name "JOLLEY LURE PROTECTOR" name(dad & I)
Thanks and Enjoy!
Greg JOLLEY
WV_Tacoma
Huntington, WV

****If you are ever in WV and want a guided river fishing trip or exciting raft down Class V rapids PM me....It is for a good price for TW Members-Free!!!! I love to fish/raft and show new people down our wonderful rivers...We have class I floats no rapids just moving water to Class II-III minor waves you can still fish in while floating down them to Class III-V where we have to be prepaird to flip and swim, all gear tied down and full safety/helmets, specialty safety gear/expertise....This is where the Big ones run.....20" smallmouth.... good day 100 fish in boat small to med, with the occasional 20" Trophy!!!

GJ750@yahoo.com WV Guide Services whe:thumbs up:re the price is FREE!
Attached Thumbnails
JOLLEY Lure hook protector-jolley-lure-protector-1.jpg   JOLLEY Lure hook protector-jolley-lure-protector-2.jpg   JOLLEY Lure hook protector-jolley-lure-protector-3.jpg   JOLLEY Lure hook protector-jolley-lure-protector-4.jpg   JOLLEY Lure hook protector-jolley-lure-protector-6.jpg  

Old 07-26-2009, 09:40 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a good idea espcially when you have alot of the boxes laying around i might have to try this.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Its a pretty good idea...I hate it when my poles get all inner twined and stuck together in the bed of the truck...Hooks get caught on each other and its a pain in the asshole!!! Good write up
Old 07-31-2009, 12:31 PM   #4
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery

They do have these on the market, but I think you killed the competition on price.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:32 PM   #5
Believe
phynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
phynyx38's Tacoma Gallery
Cool idea!
Old 07-31-2009, 12:38 PM   #6
gonzo6up has a spectacular aura aboutgonzo6up has a spectacular aura about

gonzo6up's Tacoma Gallery
great idea and i may have to take you up on the float/ fishing trip if i make it over that way. I love smallmouth fishing.