Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Any sailors on here?

Old 08-10-2009, 07:52 AM   #1
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Any sailors on here?

We have one of these...we can fit 10 people ont it but were trying to sell it
and we have 2 of these

This thing is HELLA fun on windy days...itll get up on its side so easy

our old boat
Post up what you got and where your located!
Old 08-10-2009, 07:55 AM   #2
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I had a Sunfish when I was growing up. Lots of fun. I kept it until I had a family and couldn't find time to use it. I wish I still had at now that the kids are grown and moved out. Oh well....
Old 08-10-2009, 08:06 AM   #3
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
I had a Sunfish when I was growing up. Lots of fun. I kept it until I had a family and couldn't find time to use it. I wish I still had at now that the kids are grown and moved out. Oh well....
their so much fun just to go screw around on....im 15 and ive been sailing for almost 10 years
Old 08-10-2009, 08:14 AM   #4
Taco Man Sam
Ese Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ese Loco's Tacoma Gallery
never too late to start again,

i race these

these

and sometimes these

In my opinion one of the, if not the, most challenging and passionate sports out there. I know kind of a bold statement but it really is not something you can just pick up and be good at. If you have any questions just ask
Old 08-10-2009, 08:16 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ese Loco View Post
never too late to start again,

i race these

these

and sometimes these

In my opinion one of the, if not the, most challenging and passionate sports out there. I know kind of a bold statement but it really is not something you can just pick up and be good at. If you have any questions just ask
1st pic is a laser right? sailed a few of those...ive raced alot of sunfish but not ours
Old 08-10-2009, 08:19 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I've sailed everything from the Hobie cat to a 44' Luder to a 295' Square Rigged tall ship....I like engine to much to have one of my own tho..

The blow boats I have sailed were pretty cool tho.
Sounds like alot of fun, we like engines too were trying to sail the Hobie Getaway to become members of a boatclub
Old 08-10-2009, 08:21 AM   #8
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I see people racing Sunfish all winter in Rhode Island, even on the coldest days. Frostbite Regattas. They're out there in wetsuits with a flask of whiskey.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:23 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
I see people racing Sunfish all winter in Rhode Island, even on the coldest days. Frostbite Regattas. They're out there in wetsuits with a flask of whiskey.
We have taken the Hobie out int the winter...IT SUCKS, b/c in hobies the watter is splashing you the whole time. It's possible in a sunfish to stay dry (kinda)
Old 09-16-2009, 10:08 PM   #11
East Ender
danb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
danb86's Tacoma Gallery
Does this count?

I captained this Sparkman & Stephens designed, Hinckley built, 57' yawl for a little over a year (owner was such a douche, the experience got me out of boating for a couple of years).

Sailed Antigua to Maine, back, and back again...worst trip was the last: only 3 of us on board and had 50+ knot winds and 20-30' seas b/t Bermuda and New England for over 48 hours.

Any sailors on here?-img_2319.jpg

Any sailors on here?-img_2317.jpg
Old 09-16-2009, 10:13 PM   #12
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I grew up sailing a sunfish off the coast of Mississippi. If anyone is selling one in Texas, I am starting to look for one. Hopefully, I will get one before next summer. The next year I am hoping to snag a Catalina 23 or a Hunter 22...
Old 09-16-2009, 10:18 PM   #13
Taco Man Sam
Ese Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ese Loco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I've sailed everything from the Hobie cat to a 44' Luder to a 295' Square Rigged tall ship....I like engine to much to have one of my own tho..

The blow boats I have sailed were pretty cool tho.
295' Square Rigged Tall ship = USCG Eagle?

sailed on her form brunswick, GA to Norfolk like 3 summers ago
Old 09-16-2009, 10:29 PM   #14
East Ender
danb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
danb86's Tacoma Gallery
So, not THIS 295 footer?!!

"Athena" - built for Jim Clark who was one of original backers of Netscape. This was docked up in Newport when I dropped off a boat yesterday.

Note how sunny it is. Trip from Sag Harbor (Long Island) to Newport was flat calm, <10kts breeze. Lucky I didn't have to move the boat today as it was rainy and blowing 25 kts out of NE...timing is everything!

Any sailors on here?-img_2334.jpg

If you want to see more on "Athena" click http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/ro...ns-athena.html
Old 09-17-2009, 05:53 AM   #15
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ese Loco View Post
295' Square Rigged Tall ship = USCG Eagle?

sailed on her form brunswick, GA to Norfolk like 3 summers ago
That's the one. Did a one week trip from Charleston to Norfolk on 2002. 6 weeks from New London, CT to Bermuda, Antigua, and San Juan, PR in 2003. and 3 weeks sailing all over the Northeast- stopped in Maine for Lobsterfest...and got to do some sight seeing in Canada.

It was a great time. My dad got to come with for one week-He took about 1500 photos in about 5 days.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:14 PM   #16
Jreays is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Firefighter 2/EMT-B
Name: Jeremy
Jreays's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Hobie 16! It is a lot of fun!
Old 04-09-2010, 12:19 PM   #17
alex1988 is a splendid one to beholdalex1988 is a splendid one to beholdalex1988 is a splendid one to beholdalex1988 is a splendid one to beholdalex1988 is a splendid one to beholdalex1988 is a splendid one to beholdalex1988 is a splendid one to behold

alex1988's Tacoma Gallery
I competed in highschool on my highschool sailing team, while teaching sailing lessons and competing for the local yacht club as well. Mostly did 420s and FJs. I did compete wit sunfish for 4 years till i lost both mine and my hobie 18 in katrina. Competed when I was a freshman for university of south alabama (made it all the way to national championships as a freshman woohoo!). Now study too much to sail
Old 04-09-2010, 12:36 PM   #18
05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
05offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Bought a hobie 16 this past summer and cant wait to take it out. Sailed with family when I was little but this is my first boat
Old 04-09-2010, 01:52 PM   #19
Jreays is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Firefighter 2/EMT-B
Name: Jeremy
Jreays's Tacoma Gallery
I'm excited to pull it with the Tacoma. I last couple of years I had to use my parents mini-van.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #20
jackotaco9 is on a distinguished road
Name: jack
jackotaco9's Tacoma Gallery
i sailll 420s n lasers they r a blastt. where r u locatedd if ur close im interest i love to get my own hobie