Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Kokanee Fishing

Old 10-05-2009, 07:24 PM   #2
Griztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to behold
Griztaco's Tacoma Gallery
I went after them while they were on a spawning run. Real small stream and they were all bright red like sockeye... very cool.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:37 PM   #3
Terrier is on a distinguished road
Terrier's Tacoma Gallery
Did a bit of ice fishing for them last winter and am looking forward to catching some more of them tasty kokanee this winter.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:03 AM   #4
Terrier is on a distinguished road
Terrier's Tacoma Gallery
I caught them in Ririe Reservoir in Eastern Idaho. My first time ice fishing was last season. It was really cool with the Kokanee because they would come through in large schools and some of the more experienced ice fishermen were catching their limits in 15 minutes. I was using shiny jigs. You could see them come through on the fishfinder. They weren't very large, the largest being about 15 inches, but they were darn good eating. I just pan fried them. This coming winter, I think I will try cooking them on a plank on the barbeque. Yeah, I barbeque in the middle of winter with a gas barbeque and yeah, I'm optimistic that i will catch them.

I also caught some last spring at the same reservoir trolling with a "Kokanie Rig".
Old 11-08-2009, 10:17 AM   #5
jammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant future

Name: James
jammdogg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to jammdogg
Offraod, what lakes in Central are you fishing? We have a cabin close to Crescent and Odell, and have hiked into Meek and Snell Lakes.

Jammdogg