Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Need Flashlight Help?

Old 09-14-2009, 12:28 AM   #1
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Need Flashlight Help?

Im guessing this would be the most appropriate place to put it but anyhow, Im looking for a flashlight that could be used for camping, fishing, and daily chores. I prefer white light (Im guessing LED's are the only type of lights that do this?) and would like some good range and durability. I have a D Cell Maglite that just isnt doing it for me. Any suggestions?
Old 09-14-2009, 12:31 AM   #2
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
My gf got me a 3D LED maglite. it's amazing! it's shock proof (makes you feel safe cause it's heavy enough to knock someone real good) and water resistant. about 30-40 bucks

EDIT: damn, didnt read the whole post. In that case, I've heard of a good "husky" led light that's apparently cheaper and I'm told it's very bright, not sure where to find it.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:34 AM   #4
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
wow, didnt expect so many suggestions so quick, but I definitely appreciate all the responses. I gotta check some of these out.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:38 AM   #5
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
What about those 1,000,000 candle light spotlights?
$20 at Walmart & rechargable. I keep one in my boat. it also has 2 settings. Low to give you enough light to see near the boat. Or high to take the paint off your truck, set the grass on fire. LOL
Old 09-14-2009, 12:38 AM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Fenix TK11 that puts oput a ton of light for its size. Works great outdorrs.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:56 AM   #7
JetTech has a spectacular aura aboutJetTech has a spectacular aura aboutJetTech has a spectacular aura about
JetTech's Tacoma Gallery
Streamlight

A little $$$, but I use it every night, 3 brightness settings + strobe. Very bright and rechargeable!!!

Streamlight 75710 Stinger C4 LED Rechargeable

Old 09-14-2009, 02:30 AM   #8
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
You might check out cabelas.com--They have a ton of good led flashlights and a nice search function and user reviews on their website.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:59 AM   #9
hkbeliever will become famous soon enoughhkbeliever will become famous soon enough
hkbeliever's Tacoma Gallery
Fenix P1D 180 lumens(on high) with one cr123 lithium battery. Tiny and always in my pocket and brighter than my stock surefires. $50 shipped on ebay and the 5w led is way brighter than any attachments on the maglights. 5 different settings (med, high, low, strobe and SOS). When I mount it on my mountain bike it looks like an HID light.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Fenix-P1D-CE-Q5-...item29fb9ab7cc
Old 03-03-2010, 05:42 PM   #10
REDSEAWATACO57 will become famous soon enough

Name: Chanh
REDSEAWATACO57's Tacoma Gallery
this is the shizzle. might be a little overkill for the home. I have two of them just for fishing and camping. This thing is just the best.

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/oracle24x-9.aspx
Old 03-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #12
4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future

4low2go's Tacoma Gallery
Surefire - one of the best available http://www.surefire.com/
Old 03-03-2010, 06:01 PM   #13
IndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to behold
IndigoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Surefire is the way to go. Costly upfront for most lights (the G2 LED is a good cost effective choice, takes a beating and is cheaper than the 6P which is their basic metal body LED light) but the customer service is great and the upgrades available are great as well.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:18 AM   #14
niit_train will become famous soon enoughniit_train will become famous soon enough
Name: Jason
niit_train's Tacoma Gallery
Fenix

I am going to X3 the Fenix suggestions. There are videos on youtube of some of the features. I think the best thing for them are the diffuser attached to the end. Turns the flashlight into a lantern, so this makes it dual purpose. I do not own one, but am also in the market for a good light.

NT
Old 04-29-2010, 05:30 PM   #15
BadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant future

Navy: Airframer->Construction Mech
Name: Wes
BadBrains's Tacoma Gallery
Also a fan of everything Surefire, however I'd be pissed if I lost one fishing.

For fishing/diving I prefer Pelican.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:02 AM   #16
x2j is on a distinguished road
x2j's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetTech View Post
A little $$$, but I use it every night, 3 brightness settings + strobe. Very bright and rechargeable!!!

Streamlight 75710 Stinger C4 LED Rechargeable

Streamlight StingerLED Light Features
Click any image to enlarge

+ 2 use it everyday at work, droped it 100s of times, rechargeable, spare battery, id buy anther just because.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:04 AM   #17
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
you could always swap your old bulb out in your mag and put an LED bulb in there.

http://www.google.com/products?q=led...oq=led+maglite+

I bought one of these lights for night hunting. Its one of the brightest lights Ive ever seen.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/LIGHT149-1.html

and way cheaper than a surefire. I ordered it and was on my door the next day
Old 04-30-2010, 10:09 AM   #18
unrealtincan is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
unrealtincan's Tacoma Gallery
+1 on the Fenix line. I have an L2D with Energizer Lithium's I haven't had to change the batteries yet! It's not cheap, but it's not Surefire expensive.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:10 AM   #19
DellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dell
DellGSG5's Tacoma Gallery
I got this from Costco 2 for $19.99 w/ $5 coupon $14.99 total.
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/9131/dsc0039iz.jpg
Old 04-30-2010, 10:20 AM   #20
fishinsteeg234 is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
fishinsteeg234's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, Fenix is the sh*t! check out fenixlight.com. i have the fenix TK 10 and love it! the TK10, TK11, and TK12 are all bada$$