Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

I need a surf fishing rod for the Outer Banks, NC

Old 09-15-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
I need a surf fishing rod for the Outer Banks, NC

I broke my damn rod today and I leave for the beach in 4 days. It is a split rod and the two parts were stuck together.
Heat gun + pliers = broken rod.

I am headed out to Gander Mountain or Dicks Sporting Goods to pick up a new one. What are some things to look for?

I need a split rod.
I need it flexible enough to cast the shit out of it past the surf.
Its for light surf fishing...not marlins or great whites.
I have a reel.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #2
mpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud of

Air Force: Heavy Repair CE
Name: Mike and Denise
mpgnc64's Tacoma Gallery
I use a 13ft ugly stick and it works great. They arent that much compared to other ones and very tough. Tsunami robs are good too. Look in the discount bucket.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgnc64 View Post
I use a 13ft ugly stick and it works great. They arent that much compared to other ones and very tough. Tsunami robs are good too. Look in the discount bucket.
+1 on Ugly Stiks they have some good play in them
Old 09-15-2009, 08:16 PM   #4
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
What size is recommended? You say 13' but isn't that a bit long?

I'm not an experienced surf fisherman. I used a 6.5' inland rod until today. I do have trouble casting out past the surf...maybe a longer rod would help