1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Frogg Toggs melted?

Discussion in 'Boating & Fishing' started by CUtigerfan, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Sep 27, 2009 at 2:49 PM
    CUtigerfan

CUtigerfan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    04 Base
    Daystar 1.5" coil spacers, bedlined bumpers, clear corners, aftermarket stereo, 20% tint, half debadged
    I decided to post this under fishing since I know alot of guys who fish wear them. I went to the Clemson TCU game last night and it poured down rain the whole 2nd half. I was wearing my frogg toggs and didn't get wet at all but this morning I set them out on the deck to dry out and the pants kinda shriveled up. I don't know if what happened could be considered melting but they wrinkled up all the way down the legs. I haven't tried spraying them with the hose to see if they're still water proof but my Dad says they might have done that since they're black. Has anybody else had this happen??

2. Sep 27, 2009 at 2:57 PM
    98_Mud_bug

98_Mud_bug 98_mud_bug

Member:
    lucedale Ms.
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5/ 06 x-runner
    3 inch suspension lift, night shades corner and blinkers projector headlights with halos and 3 led's 18 inch kmc xd rockstar wheels,275/65/18 kelly safari tsr's, bush whacker fender flares 7 inch touch screen, 2 kenwood 12's, Magnaflow exaust single in dual out,
    i dont know about the black ones but i have grey ones that i wear while i work and i throw them on the dash of my bucket truck when they get wet and they have not shriveled up

3. Sep 27, 2009 at 4:32 PM
    CUtigerfan

CUtigerfan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    04 Base
    Daystar 1.5" coil spacers, bedlined bumpers, clear corners, aftermarket stereo, 20% tint, half debadged
    I've never heard of anything like that happening before. All I've heard is nothing but praise and they've kept me dry plenty of times. It's like the middle layer of the material shrank and the outside and inside just bunched up on top of it. I don't know if it was heat or not but I won't be letting my next set dry in the sun... and they probably won't be black.

4. Sep 30, 2009 at 6:11 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    No problems with mine. I keep mine rolled up under my backseat.

Check with the manufacturer. maybe they will have answers.

Products Discussed in

To Top