Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

how fast does your boat go?

Old 09-30-2009, 05:53 PM   #1
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
how fast does your boat go?

my dads 24 foot pontoon boat with 200 h.o etec does 47mph and my 1978 glastron carlson cvx-20 jet boat with a 460 ford does 53 mph without a diverter
Old 09-30-2009, 05:56 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantac09 View Post
my dads 24 foot pontoon boat with 200 h.o etec does 47mph and my 1978 glastron carlson cvx-20 jet boat with a 460 ford does 53 mph without a diverter
Did you GPS those speeds? Seems kinda high for only 200 hp on a pontoon...

Anyway. I have had my Bayliner up to 49.7 with a new prop. My "Daily Driver" prop hits 45 mph pretty easy. It gets on plane in about 2.5 seconds.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:57 PM   #3
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yes we did gps those speeds and its a triple pontoon
Old 09-30-2009, 05:59 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantac09 View Post
yes we did gps those speeds and its a triple pontoon
Sweet! Thats pretty fast.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:21 PM   #6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8OcgkBwfBk&feature=fvw
this is us racing and i gave my dad a head start
Old 09-30-2009, 06:24 PM   #7
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
45 in the bass boat
about 3.5 in the little boat
Old 09-30-2009, 06:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
45 in the bass boat
about 3.5 in the little boat
sweet.....I wanna race you.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:30 PM   #9
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
sweet.....I wanna race you.
You'll win, Takes a while to plane in a flat boat like that.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
You'll win, Takes a while to plane in a flat boat like that.
Yeah....I forgot about that.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:32 PM   #12

^^^^^^^^ BUT...thats not "your" boat.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Sure it is...I pay my taxes....I own at least some of the paint...
Good point.....Did you ever see my name anywhere?
Old 09-30-2009, 06:41 PM   #15
The MOST Badass Offroad Truck
BravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
BravesFan's Tacoma Gallery
95' chapparal 232 deck boat-47mph-the water was super smooth
Old 09-30-2009, 06:44 PM   #17

Quote:
I think it was on the underside of the shitter in my stateroom. Or maybe down by the migrant supplies...I don't remember.
yeah....I knda figured it would be around there.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:45 PM   #19

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

18.3 kts (with a tailwind- downhill-after taco/burrito night) That's about 21mph...and yeah...We GPS verified it.
Ahem... I believe that SHE is a SHIP