Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Calling All Ice Fishermen

Old 12-05-2009, 07:40 PM   #21
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adktacoma View Post
for you guys that never ice fished before, it's a blast. drinkin and fishin, and if the fish don't bite we'll play with our trucks on the frozen lake. I can't wait
Not a chance I'd bring my truck out on the lake no matter how thick that ice was. Just takes one thin spot and you are done.

I haven't been ice fishing since I was a kid. Never could get into it. Terribly boring just sitting there in the freezing cold bobbing a pole up and down hoping a fish that isn't frozen will bite. As for my dad, he loves it. I should probably give it another try now that I'm an adult. Bring the ipod to keep me entertained.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:52 AM   #22
Terrier is on a distinguished road
Terrier's Tacoma Gallery
We also have smallies in the lakes I mentioned above; however, I have not seen nor heard of one being caught through the ice. Is there something different that you do to catch the smallies?
Old 12-06-2009, 09:06 AM   #23
Terrier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowham View Post
Not a chance I'd bring my truck out on the lake no matter how thick that ice was. Just takes one thin spot and you are done.

I haven't been ice fishing since I was a kid. Never could get into it. Terribly boring just sitting there in the freezing cold bobbing a pole up and down hoping a fish that isn't frozen will bite. As for my dad, he loves it. I should probably give it another try now that I'm an adult. Bring the ipod to keep me entertained.
I don't find it boring, even when I go by myself. On the other hand, I usually go with my brother and/or friend, and have a good time. What's also nice about ice fishing is that you often see other people you know out there, at least around here. Also, unlike boat fishing, its is more laid back and you can call a friend or a friend calls you and you tell them your out ice fishing and a little while later they show up and fish with you. Ice fishing is conducive to socializing.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:56 AM   #24
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
NicksRig's Tacoma Gallery
I cant wait for the lakes to freeze. Start cruzin the ice roads and layin the smack down on some wallies. Got literaly 100's of lakes to fish on around here. Do most of my fishing on Lake of the Woods.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:02 PM   #25
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Posted this ( http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/boa...e-fishing.html ) earlier this year and didn't get a 'hit'.......LOL

Ain't nothing like eating fish caught through the ice!! nom nom nom......

Blue gill, bass and crappie, mostly on ponds and small lakes around here. Especially the pond 50 feet from my front door!! We normally don't get more than a few weeks good ice, and usually just a weekend.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:36 PM   #26
Terrier's Tacoma Gallery
Went ice fishing today. Trying for trout and perch. The trout bit great. No perch. Limit is six. I caught 5 and then practiced catch and release for a few and then caught a good sized one to make my limit. Interestingly, there were 5 in our party, and we each caught a limit, except one of us who only caught 1. Go figure.
Anyway it snowed lightly all day and it was about 30 to 31 degrees. Great day and the fishing hole is only about 12 minutes from home.
Any other ice fishing reports for the weekend?
Old 12-12-2009, 08:37 PM   #27
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
No ice yet
Old 12-13-2009, 09:02 AM   #29
Terrier's Tacoma Gallery
The ice was 10 inches thick where we fished. Our temperatures for the last 2 weeks, until yesterdays has been highs in the low teens down to single digits with lows below zero. Yesterday was about 31 degrees and today should be about the same. We are having a heat wave.
Despite these cold temparutures, the reservoir (in a canyon) where I catch Kokanee has yet to freeze. But, with fishing like yesterday, I'm not complaining.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:59 PM   #30
2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of

2009Silver's Tacoma Gallery
I'm located in Wisconsin. We are big into ice fishing. We went out this past Saturday. We primarily jig for bluegill and crappie, but use tipups for northern as well.

Ice fishing is an addiction just like the Tacoma.

I've got probably 16 tipups 5-6 jigging rigs, power auger, sonar, underwater camera, and a nice 4 man clam shanty.

I have a custom sled I made from downhill ski's. We have 250-300 pounds worth of gear we pull out with us when we go.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:09 PM   #31
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009Silver View Post
I'm located in Wisconsin. We are big into ice fishing. We went out this past Saturday. We primarily jig for bluegill and crappie, but use tipups for northern as well.

Ice fishing is an addiction just like the Tacoma.

I've got probably 16 tipups 5-6 jigging rigs, power auger, sonar, underwater camera, and a nice 4 man clam shanty.

I have a custom sled I made from downhill ski's. We have 250-300 pounds worth of gear we pull out with us when we go.
Sounds about right man. I wish it would get and stay cold. It was 40* on Sunday. I really want to fish man.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:34 PM   #32
Terrier's Tacoma Gallery
Been getting out regularly. Last Saturday, got some trout. Today, went to a new area and got skunked (one nibble). Tommorrow, I'm planning on going for some Kokanee at a different reservoir.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:36 PM   #33
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Cousin is going ice fishing over MLK weekend. Maybe I can go?
Old 12-31-2009, 01:05 PM   #34
Terrier's Tacoma Gallery
Went ice fishing yesterday and the kokanee were running through our spot like crazy. My brother caught 5 in a short period of time. I got skunked regardless of the fact that my 5 poles were getting bit one after the other or at the same time for some of them. I think the problem was that when I would run to the bouncing pole, I would scare them off.
My lesson (maybe), is to place the holes a little closer together ( I had a spread of about 40-50 feet) next time or maybe concentrate on one hole.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:21 PM   #35
BLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tim
BLKTRD6SP's Tacoma Gallery
Took a break from installing the leather today and pulled this in.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:22 AM   #36
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
^Looks mighty tasty Tim!! Last sunday the kids and I caught a small mess at the house. Today we're expecting rain.......probably no more ice for us this year.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #37
Terrier's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a beauty; lake trout (mackinaw), right?
Old 01-18-2010, 05:03 PM   #38

I had a good day on the ice. Caught a few good sized Northerns and a few real nice perch. I need to go clean them and I really don't want to. Pics to come.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:07 PM   #39
BLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tim
BLKTRD6SP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrier View Post
Thats a beauty; lake trout (mackinaw), right?
Yes it's a lake trout.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:50 AM   #40
adktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of light
Navy: mm-subs
Name: danny
adktacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Nice laker tim, looks to be about 6 lbs maybe. Been out a dozen times here and the fishing's been just so so.