Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Calling All Ice Fishermen

Old 12-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #1
Terrier is on a distinguished road
Terrier's Tacoma Gallery
Calling All Ice Fishermen

Who ice fishes out there? Just went today for the first time of the season here in Eastern Idaho. Got skunked. The place where I fished has trout and yellow perch. I am hoping that next week the lake around here that has kokanee will be frozen. There are also trout and perch there.

Anyways, I'm interested in knowing what you ice fish for in your neck of the woods.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:42 PM   #2
BLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tim
BLKTRD6SP's Tacoma Gallery
I think this year will be my first year of ice fishing. Will be going for some pike, walleye and lake trout hopefully.
I don't like eating fish but I like catching them!
Old 12-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #3
Griztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to behold
Griztaco's Tacoma Gallery
I go occasionally for trout, but usually do it to treat cabin fever.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:59 PM   #4
Terrier's Tacoma Gallery
Last year was my first year of ice fishing and I am now hooked. I sure would like to get some walleye through the ice. The lake I mentioned above with the kokanee also has walleye but they are difficult to find. I heard that they got in there unplanned and they are starting to take hold. There is naother lake that is over 100 miles away that has walleye around here. Walleye are sooo good eating.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #5
Terrier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griztaco View Post
I go occasionally for trout, but usually do it to treat cabin fever.
I see you are also in Idaho; what part?
Old 12-05-2009, 03:04 PM   #6
adktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of light
Navy: mm-subs
Name: danny
adktacoma's Tacoma Gallery
it'll be a few more weeks before first ice here. we fish landlocked salmon, lake trout and pike around here, wish we had some walleye here but the salmon are pretty tasty.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:56 PM   #7
Terrier's Tacoma Gallery
adktacoma, is there a specific name for your landlocked salmon? That is what our kokanee are here is landlocked salmon; your right they are very tasty.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:00 PM   #8
Diverse-Customs.com
Yodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
Yodaforce's Tacoma Gallery
Calling them what? Nuts?

Nah, just kidding. Never been far enough north to actaully see a frozen body of water, more or less fish in it! I wouldn't know how. Fishing rods are neat though. Fit in the rear window nicely.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:07 PM   #9
Terrier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaforce View Post
... Fishing rods are neat though. Fit in the rear window nicely.
Yeah, right between the shotgun and the rifle.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #10
Griztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to behold
Griztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrier View Post
I see you are also in Idaho; what part?
Up north in Moscow/Pullman. Theres only a couple of small reservoirs to fish here. I presume you are down in Idaho Falls area??
Old 12-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #11
adktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
adktacoma, is there a specific name for your landlocked salmon? That is what our kokanee are here is landlocked salmon; your right they are very tasty.

our landlocks are atlantics, not sure what kokonee are. and ya they taste great and are wicked fun to catch,we troll'em in the spring and fall,and they like to come outta the water alot, hard to gettem in the boat.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #12
for you guys that never ice fished before, it's a blast. drinkin and fishin, and if the fish don't bite we'll play with our trucks on the frozen lake. I can't wait
Old 12-05-2009, 05:38 PM   #13
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adktacoma View Post
our landlocks are atlantics, not sure what kokonee are. and ya they taste great and are wicked fun to catch,we troll'em in the spring and fall,and they like to come outta the water alot, hard to gettem in the boat.
Where are you up here? I am looking for an ice fishing bud. Just bought a cheap sled so I can get out on the lakes a bit.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:42 PM   #14
i live in pottersville, it's exit 26 on i-87, come on up,we fish schroon lake, lake goerge and lake champlain, it's been pretty warm, so the big lakes probably won't freeze good till the first of the year
Old 12-05-2009, 05:45 PM   #15
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
i live in pottersville, it's exit 26 on i-87, come on up,we fish schroon lake, lake goerge and lake champlain, it's been pretty warm, so the big lakes probably won't freeze good till the first of the year
Yeah, not quite cool enough yet. I may take you up on that offer. Never fished that far up.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:45 PM   #16
TroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to all

Name: Mike
TroutBum's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully we'll have ice in a few more weeks. A bluegill / perch dinner sounds pretty good right now. Maybe a few walleyes thrown in... Tasty!

Mike
Old 12-05-2009, 06:59 PM   #17

I love me some pike. walleye is great too. Yellow perch. sooo excited.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:15 PM   #18
Terrier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griztaco View Post
Up north in Moscow/Pullman. Theres only a couple of small reservoirs to fish here. I presume you are down in Idaho Falls area??
Yep.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:25 PM   #19
i realy like to fish on lake champlain,you can rent a shanty and the guy will set you up with lunch and gear, byob, we catch rainbow smelt by the hundreds.it's a cool scene with hundreds of shantys in the bay of port henry,pretty much a town out on the ice.and smelt are good eatin
Old 12-05-2009, 07:34 PM   #20
Fuelled by plutonium and wild animals
Blumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Blumpkinson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i realy like to fish on lake champlain,you can rent a shanty and the guy will set you up with lunch and gear, byob, we catch rainbow smelt by the hundreds.it's a cool scene with hundreds of shantys in the bay of port henry,pretty much a town out on the ice.and smelt are good eatin
I go to champlain once a year in april, it's an amazing lake, so many smallies and huge pike.