LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Need a new fishing rod

Old 12-07-2009, 01:06 PM   #1
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Need a new fishing rod

I'm looking for a new fishing rod for some freshwater fishing. I don't need anything expensive, and I'm actually looking for something <$30. I've heard good things about Ugly Stick and the Bass Pro shops brand, but need some ideas. I'll be using this for general freshwater fishing in a pond/lake. Thanks!
Old 12-07-2009, 06:32 PM   #2
Terrier is on a distinguished road
Terrier's Tacoma Gallery
The choices are unlimited. Just find something that feels comfortable for you and feels sturdy as in the connstruction where the butt and clamp are located. Try to match the rod to the size of fish you intend to go after regularly. Also, on the rod itself there should be written information as to line weight, lure wiegth and action. this information is usually located near where the fiberglass or graphite composite portion of the pole starts (near the handle).
Old 12-07-2009, 06:34 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
6 foot medium action ugly stik
Old 12-07-2009, 06:42 PM   #4
Fuelled by plutonium and wild animals
Blumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Blumpkinson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
6 foot medium action ugly stik
Exactly what you need. These rods are pretty strong, so you don't have to worry about accidently breaking it. What kind of reel do you have?
Old 12-07-2009, 06:45 PM   #5
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I picked up a 6' medium action Browning on sale from Bass Pro a couple months ago. Don't remember off the top of my head how much it was but it was pretty inexpensive. Picked up a Browning reel to go with it. As others said though an Ugly Stik will be good too.