1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just moved to S. Florida

Discussion in 'Boating & Fishing' started by SURFTACO, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Jan 9, 2010 at 4:28 PM
    SURFTACO

SURFTACO [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD SPORT
    3'' Lift: Bilstein 5100’s, SPC UCAs, All Pro 3” leaf packs, Bilstein 5125’s, Kenda 33X10.5R17 Tires Flat Black Stock Rims Seat Belt Chime off Fog Lights On anytime Jet pilot interior All weather floor Mats Tonneau Cover Cali Raised Ditch Lights Snorkel
    Hey guys,

I'm a jersey angler and just moved to south florida (delray beach). I used to live in melbourne beach but i know the fishing is a little bit different down here. I'm looking to do most of my fishing at inlets, waterways, etc. Can anyone steer me to do some good spots? and some tips? (bait, jigs, etc?!?)

2. Jan 14, 2010 at 10:53 AM
    LEEP

LEEP Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    LEE
    CONNECTICUT
    Vehicle:
    O8 TACOMA TRD
    Go 2 a tackle shop + ask

3. Jan 17, 2010 at 5:51 AM
    SURFTACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD SPORT
    3'' Lift: Bilstein 5100’s, SPC UCAs, All Pro 3” leaf packs, Bilstein 5125’s, Kenda 33X10.5R17 Tires Flat Black Stock Rims Seat Belt Chime off Fog Lights On anytime Jet pilot interior All weather floor Mats Tonneau Cover Cali Raised Ditch Lights Snorkel
    Oh really? haha thanks for the tremendous help. J/k

4. Jan 17, 2010 at 6:07 AM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    Hopefully someone from there will see this and give a decent answer.

5. Jan 22, 2010 at 6:18 AM
    SURFTACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD SPORT
    Hope so. Not doing too well as of now. Im surprised!

6. Jan 22, 2010 at 7:08 PM
    DadsToy

DadsToy Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Gainesville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 V6
    Snorkle, ARB Bumper, Warn Winch, Driving Lights, CB, 2 meter Ham,
    I would love to help, but don't get down there at all. Mostly do the lakes, rivers, and coasts up here.

If I hear anything I will holler at you.

7. Feb 27, 2010 at 1:37 AM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    Try to learn how to cast net and fish with live bait you catch. Its fun and obviously cheaper then buying your own bait. I used to do that eeryday, catch some pinfish of greenbacks then fish all day. i would catch a cpl groupers thtt I would keep and eat them after work.... fresh fish was great and great time.

8. Feb 27, 2010 at 1:32 PM
    SURFTACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD SPORT
    thanks for the advice.

9. Feb 27, 2010 at 1:49 PM
    tacomathunder

tacomathunder Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    pop-a-lock on tailgate, tailgate damper by ez down, extang platinum snap tonneau cover, rampage LED light bar, etrailer wiring harness, black led tail lights, tsi clutter catcher center console, griffin itrip ipod player,BHLM,35W DDM Tuning hid's 5000K, Day Time Running Light Mod, New Sony Stereo
    i go to the hillsborough inlet, and lake boca...as of right now though, baitfish are hard to come by, so we had to use frozen stuff... i mean we went all over just for bait with no prevail... i also troll the intercoastal down here in deerfield/boca raton for jacks....off shore im a grouper and mahi guy...just caught a grouper last saturday

10. Mar 2, 2010 at 5:14 AM
    ickthus

ickthus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    DAVID
    MOBILE,AL
    Vehicle:
    OC
    2.75BL5100'S/UNDERCOVER
    i'm going to be fishing port st. lucie to cocoa. inshore and offshore, out of a big boat, little boat and a sea kayak. a few trips to the keys and back water glades.

11. Mar 23, 2010 at 6:01 PM
    streetdriven

streetdriven Tampa OG

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Tampa Bay
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Tacoma
    2007 Speedway Blue double cab. Trd skid,6k hids,thule racks,grill,N-fab,fj wheels 285/75/16's
    Beach fish... I would start with jigs and larger bombers. If you catch lady fish hook those bitches on! Look up the mullet run on YouTube. They kill it from the beach catching tarpon

12. Sep 27, 2010 at 5:53 AM
    Frogdaddy

Frogdaddy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ga.
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Pioneer MVH-p8200 hu with XM receiver using TSS supplied shark fin cable, Mud Flap cut mod.
    I realize it's an old thread but what the heck for once I have some ideas.
    Use to live on west coast and tore up the trout and redfish in some of the bays off the intracoastal waterway. For the east coast I hear around Titusville. Old college roommate swore by Sebastian inlet for all sorts of species of fish. And near where the space shuttle launches there's some pristine areas there because it's protected.

13. Feb 13, 2011 at 10:33 PM
    Flatsman2

Flatsman2 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Merritt Island, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD DblCab
    Used to live in Jupiter, ran a 21 Maverick MA. The fishing is pretty similar, get yourself some live bait, sabiki or buy it. Run the beaches for tarpon and cobia. Fish the inlets for snook, during the summer head for the ledge and drift livies. Dont be afraid to look for other boats especially if your new at it. Good luck to ya!

Products Discussed in

To Top