Notices

Just moved to S. Florida

Old 01-09-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
SURFTACO will become famous soon enough

Name: Steve
SURFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Just moved to S. Florida

Hey guys,

I'm a jersey angler and just moved to south florida (delray beach). I used to live in melbourne beach but i know the fishing is a little bit different down here. I'm looking to do most of my fishing at inlets, waterways, etc. Can anyone steer me to do some good spots? and some tips? (bait, jigs, etc?!?)
Old 01-14-2010, 11:53 AM   #2
LEEP is on a distinguished road
Name: LEE
LEEP's Tacoma Gallery
Go 2 a tackle shop + ask
Old 01-17-2010, 06:51 AM   #3

Oh really? haha thanks for the tremendous help. J/k
Old 01-17-2010, 07:07 AM   #4
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully someone from there will see this and give a decent answer.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:18 AM   #5

Hope so. Not doing too well as of now. Im surprised!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:08 PM   #6
DadsToy is on a distinguished road

Air Force: E-8 Retired
Name: David
DadsToy's Tacoma Gallery
I would love to help, but don't get down there at all. Mostly do the lakes, rivers, and coasts up here.

If I hear anything I will holler at you.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:37 AM   #7
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Try to learn how to cast net and fish with live bait you catch. Its fun and obviously cheaper then buying your own bait. I used to do that eeryday, catch some pinfish of greenbacks then fish all day. i would catch a cpl groupers thtt I would keep and eat them after work.... fresh fish was great and great time.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:32 PM   #8

thanks for the advice.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:49 PM   #9
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomathunder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomathunder
i go to the hillsborough inlet, and lake boca...as of right now though, baitfish are hard to come by, so we had to use frozen stuff... i mean we went all over just for bait with no prevail... i also troll the intercoastal down here in deerfield/boca raton for jacks....off shore im a grouper and mahi guy...just caught a grouper last saturday
Old 03-02-2010, 06:14 AM   #10
ickthus will become famous soon enoughickthus will become famous soon enough

Name: DAVID
ickthus's Tacoma Gallery
i'm going to be fishing port st. lucie to cocoa. inshore and offshore, out of a big boat, little boat and a sea kayak. a few trips to the keys and back water glades.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:01 PM   #11
Tampa OG
streetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the rough
Name: Rich
streetdriven's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to streetdriven Send a message via Yahoo to streetdriven
Beach fish... I would start with jigs and larger bombers. If you catch lady fish hook those bitches on! Look up the mullet run on YouTube. They kill it from the beach catching tarpon
Old 09-27-2010, 06:53 AM   #12
Frogdaddy is on a distinguished road

Frogdaddy's Tacoma Gallery
All sorts of stuff down there

I realize it's an old thread but what the heck for once I have some ideas.
Use to live on west coast and tore up the trout and redfish in some of the bays off the intracoastal waterway. For the east coast I hear around Titusville. Old college roommate swore by Sebastian inlet for all sorts of species of fish. And near where the space shuttle launches there's some pristine areas there because it's protected.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:33 PM   #13
Flatsman2 is on a distinguished road
Name: Taylor
Flatsman2's Tacoma Gallery
Used to live in Jupiter, ran a 21 Maverick MA. The fishing is pretty similar, get yourself some live bait, sabiki or buy it. Run the beaches for tarpon and cobia. Fish the inlets for snook, during the summer head for the ledge and drift livies. Dont be afraid to look for other boats especially if your new at it. Good luck to ya!