Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Marine Batteries

Old 03-08-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
Bart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to behold

Navy: ABH
Bart's Tacoma Gallery
Marine Batteries

So here's my delima I have an 05 fish and ski and I need two new marine batteries for the trolling motor and I dont want to spend a fortune on optimas $250 each. Any suggestion's ?
Old 03-08-2010, 11:51 AM   #2
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
I've only used the optima Blue Tops, so I can't help ya there other than saying we have an optima in the bass boat thats going on 9 years old... Still holds a great charge.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:53 AM   #3
Bart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to behold

Bart's Tacoma Gallery
If I could get away with one that would be fine but how long does a charge last I fish 8 -10 hrs in the summer time
Old 03-08-2010, 11:58 AM   #4
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
If I could get away with one that would be fine but how long does a charge last I fish 8 -10 hrs in the summer time
I have 3 of them wired together and I can fish for 18 hours or so. All depends how big your trolling motor is and how much you use it.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:11 PM   #5

Bart's Tacoma Gallery
43lbs of thrust and depend's on the wind Ive heard die hard is a good marine battery
Old 03-29-2010, 05:57 PM   #6
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
I have 3 Optima blue tops in my bass boat. One of them is at least 6 years old maybe more & still going strong. Check around for optimas, you won't regret it. I bought mine for around $120 each. Summit racing has good prices. I bought 2 of them from them. And one of them from Sears.

I had a basspro marine battery that only lasted 2 years. The optimas are worth every penny!
Old 03-29-2010, 05:58 PM   #7
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Free shipping

http://www.1st-optima-batteries.com/

$172 for the marine (34m)
Old 04-02-2010, 05:44 AM   #8
Tampa OG
streetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the rough
Name: Rich
streetdriven's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to streetdriven Send a message via Yahoo to streetdriven
Everlast from Walmart works just fine for me
Old 04-02-2010, 05:46 AM   #9
Tampa OG
streetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the rough
Name: Rich
streetdriven's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to streetdriven Send a message via Yahoo to streetdriven
Everstart
Old 04-03-2010, 08:59 AM   #10
Lord of Tomfoolery

I just checked my Optima batteries after sitting 8 months. I did not recharge them after my last fishing trip back last summer. The starter battery didn't need much charging. The trolling motor batteries still had 75% charge. The great thing about these batteries. You charge them fully & then take the charger away & they will hold their charge for a long time. Unlike other batteries marine, where you basically have to keep them on charge all the time.