Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Incorrectly cited ticket for no license

Old 03-23-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
awoit will become famous soon enough

awoit's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to awoit
Incorrectly cited ticket for no license

A buddy of mine got cited for not having his fishing license this january and the ranger who cited the ticket cited the date of violation as 1/30/09 rather than 1/30/10 .. I know in traffic violations in some cases where an officer incorrectly writes a ticket you can get out of it, is there anyway the same could happen for my buddy? Ex. going into court and pleading not guilty to the judge saying I was not at so and so on this date therefore the ticket is void?
Old 03-23-2010, 04:04 PM   #2
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
um just be honest and tell the courthouse that he put the wrong date on there.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:05 PM   #3
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
why was he fishing without a fishing license?
Old 03-23-2010, 04:06 PM   #4
Bryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Bryan07sport's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, i'm sure that the right date is either in the system or written on there somewhere. Prolly gonna have to suck it up. Cant hurt to mention it though.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:06 PM   #5
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotadude5 View Post
um just be honest and tell the courthouse that he put the wrong date on there.
x2
Old 03-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #6

awoit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
why was he fishing without a fishing license?
cuz thats totally relevant to my question..
Old 03-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #7
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
it's probably void but be honest..pleading not guilty for a ticket you got (the officer checked for a license...) is a very dumb idea
Old 03-23-2010, 04:08 PM   #8
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by awoit View Post
cuz thats totally relevant to my question..
wouldn't have gotten a ticket if he'd follow simple rules..
Old 03-23-2010, 04:09 PM   #9
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post

Rules only apply to honest people
Old 03-23-2010, 04:13 PM   #10
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hey if someone wants to fish without a license and gets caught, then he needs to suck it up and pay the ticket.

For the op, i wouldnt try to fight it, It was just a simple date mistake. Just say, ya the officer wrote down the wrong date, and take it from there. Honesty can get you alot further then trying to dodge the bullet.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:16 PM   #11

awoit's Tacoma Gallery
thx 4 the advice guys ill be sure to tell my friend to be honest =]
Old 03-23-2010, 04:16 PM   #12

awoit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post
it really wastes my email space when people post irrelevant comments like "if he would have followed the rules" i dont need to hear that shit
Old 03-23-2010, 04:18 PM   #13
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
The court will either amend the ticket with the correct date or dismiss it and have the officer issue a new one.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:18 PM   #14
dman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
dman597's Tacoma Gallery
Why couldn't you buddy just buy a 40 dollor fishing license. But now he has to pay more so that some of the cost of the person (DNR Ranger) that has to enforce the law is paid and the judge while the rest of the money is paid by..... U guessed it the taxpayers.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:18 PM   #15

Thumbs up honest

Quote:
thx 4 the advice guys ill be sure to tell my friend to be honest =]
sounds good bro. honesty is the way to go.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:36 PM   #16
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think it will at all affect the ticket, It's still a ticket. I have read about this before but with driving tickets, and they don't get thrown out. If the address was misspelled, by one letter, it still would be valid. Most judges understand this, and understand small mistakes like this.

Most likely the officer saw this mistake in his ticket book, and made the correction when it was filed. Tell your friend he most likely still has a valid ticket, and tell him to stop fishing without a license.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:20 PM   #17

Quote:
it really wastes my email space when people post irrelevant comments like "if he would have followed the rules" i dont need to hear that shit

you didn't hear anything, you read it. no need to act like a super hero on a fourm
Old 03-23-2010, 06:28 PM   #18
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So was this you that really got the ticket? lol
Old 03-29-2010, 06:59 PM   #19
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman597 View Post
Why couldn't you buddy just buy a 40 dollor fishing license. But now he has to pay more so that some of the cost of the person (DNR Ranger) that has to enforce the law is paid and the judge while the rest of the money is paid by..... U guessed it the taxpayers.

$40? Wow! In GA it is only $12.25 for a license
Old 03-30-2010, 02:13 PM   #20
Lawmaker
Res Ipsa Loquitor is on a distinguished road
Res Ipsa Loquitor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
A buddy of mine got cited for not having his fishing license this january and the ranger who cited the ticket cited the date of violation as 1/30/09 rather than 1/30/10 .. I know in traffic violations in some cases where an officer incorrectly writes a ticket you can get out of it, is there anyway the same could happen for my buddy? Ex. going into court and pleading not guilty to the judge saying I was not at so and so on this date therefore the ticket is void?

Strict liability. Pay the fine, buy a license.