Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Anyone spearfish?

Old 04-18-2010, 01:48 AM   #21
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbah57 View Post
You like living room floors?
hell yea..it all sleeps the same to me...I ain't to proud to sleep on the floor! I'll book my flight for next week

j/k
Old 04-20-2010, 04:53 PM   #23
BLU06TACO Salty is on a distinguished road

Marines: SSgt, JCSE, 1st JCS
BLU06TACO Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Hell yeah, I wish I was right now. I live and spear Tampa FL. Started out in Okinawa Japan. Unbelievable diving there. A lot similar to Hawaii water.
GT's, Umilu, Uhu, Uku, Dog tooth Tuna, Coral Trout and many others. Great time diving there. I'll dive for the rest of my life because of a year of diving in Okinawa.

BTW if you're planning on freediving Hawaii in the summer, chances are you'll only need about 4lbs of lead. If I'm not mistaken, that's board shorts and rash guard diving conditions. I know that's what we did in the summers in Okinawa.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:00 PM   #24
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU06TACO Salty View Post
Hell yeah, I wish I was right now. I live and spear Tampa FL. Started out in Okinawa Japan. Unbelievable diving there. A lot similar to Hawaii water.
GT's, Umilu, Uhu, Uku, Dog tooth Tuna, Coral Trout and many others. Great time diving there. I'll dive for the rest of my life because of a year of diving in Okinawa.

BTW if you're planning on freediving Hawaii in the summer, chances are you'll only need about 4lbs of lead. If I'm not mistaken, that's board shorts and rash guard diving conditions. I know that's what we did in the summers in Okinawa.

Yah its pretty warm but I still suit-up, think I got like 10lbs on my belt.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:02 AM   #25
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
here is my friend. from a few weeks ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone spearfish?-fish.jpg  
Old 04-27-2010, 10:10 AM   #26
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
I grew up in HI, Used to freedive when I was living there. Loved it and miss doing it. Caught all kids of fish!
Old 04-27-2010, 12:45 PM   #27
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Every chance I get. I do both freedive and scuba. We probably have the best area in the world to spearfish IMO right off shore from us in the Gulf. The oil rigs and bottom structures hold so many fish it's not even funny. Grouper, snapper, ling, amberjack, flounder, triggerfish, sheepshead, scamp, thats pretty much an average cooler after a good days worth of diving.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:33 PM   #28
Dont be stupid, its not smart.
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
SurfInferno's Tacoma Gallery
Went out on sunday...The whole day was a fail. Woke up late. Drove 45 mins down there and realized i forgot my fins. Luckly my dad was lifeguarding at a tower 2 mins down the road so i borrowed one of his life guard fins. I suited up, and got out to one of my secret spots. I get into 6ft of water and cant see the end of my spear. It was the worst vis i have ever had in my life! i figured if i went farther out it would get better and it did until my one fin broke...
So pissed off i came in 15 mins later. drove 45 mins home empty handed.

Hopefully the swells will die down and things will shape up
Old 05-04-2010, 11:36 PM   #29
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What kind of spearguns/slings do you guys use? Knives?

Im currently using a JBL lightning gun with a different shaft. I was using a JBL polespear previous. The knife i am using is a "Blue Tang" Titanium dive knife.

I want a riffe gun and a gatku polespear.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:06 AM   #30
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My current gun is a Beuchat Marlin 115 with a KO open muzzle double barb riffe shaft and a Omer reel, my big boy gun is a Riffe Euro 130 thats my baby shes only seen the water twice, My pole spear is a two piece Yokoji Half graphite and half aluminum, I had a Hatori knife but I dropped it off the boat so no knife for now.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:09 AM   #31

dude i just looked it up. that is one gnarly gun! i like the trigger
Old 05-05-2010, 12:11 AM   #32
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterpilot53 View Post
dude i just looked it up. that is one gnarly gun! i like the trigger

The Beuchat or the Riffe??
Old 05-05-2010, 12:14 AM   #34
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidcatcher View Post
Hawaiian sling count?

Guarantee, I thought thats what a pole spear was?? I think
Old 05-05-2010, 12:16 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbah57 View Post
The Beuchat or the Riffe??
the beuchat.

And Hawaiian slings do count. anything that can kill a fish underwater i guess haha.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:23 AM   #37
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterpilot53 View Post
the beuchat.

And Hawaiian slings do count. anything that can kill a fish underwater i guess haha.

Yup love that gun, Got the fish in my signature pic with it, stoned from far away.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:06 AM   #38

So its been 6 months since ive been able to go spear fishing!! This is pissing me off! Vis has been about 4ft since december. Figures the week i go on vacation (next week) the water is supposed to clear up. I NEED to fish!
Old 06-17-2010, 12:25 AM   #39
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY

95ft vis tester day...sorry, I'm not trying to brag or anything...still waiting for the ok
Old 06-17-2010, 12:36 AM   #40
WRECKLESS for Life...
Wreckless_71 will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement: Reserve County Sheriff
Name: Justin
Wreckless_71's Tacoma Gallery
Damn... all this talk makes me miss the Island life. I was born and raised in Kailua, Oahu. Been landlocked for far to long...