Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Anyone spearfish?

Old 04-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #81
Dont be stupid, its not smart.
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
SurfInferno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbah57 View Post
I have some guns that im thinking about selling, what are you looking for?
my dad and i are both looking for new guns. Something with medium range, capable of shooting halibut and seabass and stuff. i was looking at the hammerhead Jurassic
Old 04-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #82
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
Well I have a hammerhead jurassic 90cm and a beuchat marlin 115cm with a reel, open muzzle, pin shaft, and some other goodies. I don't know if it would be worth it, depends on how the shipping would be.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:17 PM   #83
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If you are looking at hammerhead guns, their evolution line is awesome! My friend has a evolution 110cm that he's selling, I can see if he still has it.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:18 PM   #84
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
If you are looking at hammerhead guns, their evolution line is awesome! My friend has a evolution 110cm that he's selling, I can see if he still has it.
ok, that would be pretty cool. Hopefully shipping isnt to much.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:58 PM   #85
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
bump it, cause i might go soon with a coworker off palos verdes
Old 07-01-2011, 11:44 PM   #86

ive been dieing to get out there. weather has been nice, water clear, but my knee just had surgery.......
Old 12-29-2011, 12:35 AM   #87

got a go pro for christmas so i took it lobster diving. Its no hawaii but heres a "clear" day here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EviKF...ature=youtu.be
Old 12-29-2011, 08:51 AM   #88
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
I have a camo wet suite I wore once(with board shorts on) that I want to sell. Its a MAKO tan camo size med. tall fit me when I was around 160lb and 5'10 want around 150$ for it Im just going to order the bigger one. comes with hood and gloves
Old 07-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #89
You're a towel...
enil01 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Airframer
Name: Kevin
enil01's Tacoma Gallery
Got bored today while it was pouring down rain and tried an idea I've had for a little while. I'm thinking the little bit of red will draw out the predatory fish sort of like using red hooks on a lure. Any thoughts?

I've already posted this on another thread, I'm just fishing for ideas and opinions.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:58 AM   #91
You're a towel...

enil01's Tacoma Gallery
That's you!? My buddy was going nuts over your videos the other day at work. You guys have got us dying to get in the water.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:48 AM   #92
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I am going to be stationed on Terceira Island off the coast of Portugal next year and I am really stoked to get into spearfishing while I am there. I'll keep this post subscribed and I will let you guys know how the fishing is over there. I have been bowfishing since i was young and I love it. Here is a pic from Lake Mead outside Las Vegas about a year ago.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:30 AM   #93
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY

Yep that's our lil dive crew. New video in the making. Thanks for watching.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:59 AM   #94
Hawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant future

Firefighter:
Hawksdenn2's Tacoma Gallery
I just got back from the keys and we speared a bunch of dolphin on the weed line. They were just a little bit bigger than schoolies. I've got a Riffe euro-x 110 with a reel. I love that gun so much and I have the gopro mounted to the side with the new dive housing. It's amazing how clear the video comes out compared to the old fish lens gopro made. I'll try to post pics soon
Old 07-20-2012, 06:59 AM   #95
You're a towel...

enil01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep that's our lil dive crew. New video in the making. Thanks for watching.
Can't wait to see the new video. Are you coming over to Oahu for the open? They have some crazy prizes lined up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksdenn2 View Post
I just got back from the keys and we speared a bunch of dolphin on the weed line. They were just a little bit bigger than schoolies. I've got a Riffe euro-x 110 with a reel. I love that gun so much and I have the gopro mounted to the side with the new dive housing. It's amazing how clear the video comes out compared to the old fish lens gopro made. I'll try to post pics soon
I love my Euro 100, but I need to get a reel for it. What housing are you using? I'm looking at the SRP Blurfix with red filter for mine.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #96
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY

No, I'm staying on maui, I have some friends here from California so we have some dives planned during the time of the open.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #97
Hawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant future

Firefighter:
Hawksdenn2's Tacoma Gallery
I have the new GoPro dive housing its a black square lens and its crystal clear. Im pretty sure there coming out with a red filter as well. Hers some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone spearfish?-img_0633.jpg   Anyone spearfish?-img_0617.jpg   Anyone spearfish?-img_0615.jpg   Anyone spearfish?-img_0619.jpg   Anyone spearfish?-img_0622.jpg  

Old 05-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #98
smurf taco has a spectacular aura aboutsmurf taco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Brian
smurf taco's Tacoma Gallery
ive been spearing and diving my entire life...im 20 years old now and i live in florida and we shoot a lot of dolphin, mutton, grouper, hogfish and if youre looking for a new gun i wouldnt recommend a riffe. dont get me wrong its a fantastic company. i use there digitek wetsuit but there guns are over priced. youre practically paying for the name. my buddy has a riffe competitor 4 and its only about a year old and he takes good care of his gun and the wood is all scratched and discolored and looks like its getting ready to snap. i use a JBL woody series its about 58" long and a different wood than the riffe and its an AMAZING gun. shoots like an arrow and super strong and holding up like a champ and its 3 years old now. i just wouldnt buy a riffe gun but id buy any of there other products. just my opinion
Old 05-25-2013, 07:05 PM   #99
sandman29306 is on a distinguished road
Name: Andrew
sandman29306's Tacoma Gallery
Just getting started spearfishing and the Gulf of Mexico is the closest around here. My brother has a house on Mexico Beach and they fortunately have a very aggressive artificial reef association. Went after a ~ 45 lb amberjack on my first fish...wish I had the video on the GoPro from that one but I would be too embarassed to post it.

Anyways..first fish post.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:05 AM   #100
Banned
denali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the shed
denali climber's Tacoma Gallery
open ocean spearfishing for tuna in hawaii is an epic experience. its not for everyone though.

here in so cal the halibut and white seabass have been really good the last few years.

ive been doing a lot but latey ive been going by myself so I don't scuba and its a bit harder.

also, spearfishing from a kayak is AWSOME since you can get out far and deep into the kelp beds.