Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Anyone spearfish?

Old 05-26-2013, 08:26 AM   #101
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by denali climber View Post
open ocean spearfishing for tuna in hawaii is an epic experience. its not for everyone though.

here in so cal the halibut and white seabass have been really good the last few years.

ive been doing a lot but latey ive been going by myself so I don't scuba and its a bit harder.

also, spearfishing from a kayak is AWSOME since you can get out far and deep into the kelp beds.
What are you anchoring off to?
Old 10-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #102
Hawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant future

Firefighter:
Hawksdenn2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf taco View Post
ive been spearing and diving my entire life...im 20 years old now and i live in florida and we shoot a lot of dolphin, mutton, grouper, hogfish and if youre looking for a new gun i wouldnt recommend a riffe. dont get me wrong its a fantastic company. i use there digitek wetsuit but there guns are over priced. youre practically paying for the name. my buddy has a riffe competitor 4 and its only about a year old and he takes good care of his gun and the wood is all scratched and discolored and looks like its getting ready to snap. i use a JBL woody series its about 58" long and a different wood than the riffe and its an AMAZING gun. shoots like an arrow and super strong and holding up like a champ and its 3 years old now. i just wouldnt buy a riffe gun but id buy any of there other products. just my opinion
Your supposed to keep teak oil on the wood after every use, if it's dry and all scratched it won't break but some teak oil will bring that thing back to life and look brand new. I've had all brands and Riffe is my favorite, but I can't afford a Wong so...
Old 11-05-2013, 12:04 AM   #103
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
Spearfishing is my life.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone spearfish?-image.jpg  
Old 11-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #105
ironmanjay is on a distinguished road

ironmanjay's Tacoma Gallery
Dam I miss spearfishing. I grew up in South Louisiana and started spearfishing the oil rigs at 16 years old. I love sticking fish!!!