Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Boat Questions

Old 04-08-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Boat Questions

Ok since it seems as if someone on here always knows the answer to almost every question I have so I figured id ask this one. I'm looking at a 1997 Four Winns Sundowner 205. It has the Volvo 5.7 Liter fuel injected motor with the duo props (2). Its in great condition, perfect gel coat/interior. I can get it for $9500. Is this a good price and is there any pros/cons of getting a boat with this motor? I currently have the 4.3 liter Volvo penta in my boat i'm selling and have been really happy with it. THANKS
Old 04-09-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
Tampa OG
streetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the rough
Name: Rich
streetdriven's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to streetdriven Send a message via Yahoo to streetdriven
that sounds like a great price... Volvo motors by far are the best. Just do a basic check of the motor.. Check the risers, manifolds, check for heat, any leaks oh and compression.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:26 PM   #3
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdriven View Post
that sounds like a great price... Volvo motors by far are the best. Just do a basic check of the motor.. Check the risers, manifolds, check for heat, any leaks oh and compression.
Thank you fr your imput. How do you check the risers and the manifold?
Old 04-09-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
Tampa OG
streetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the rough
Name: Rich
streetdriven's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to streetdriven Send a message via Yahoo to streetdriven
start it let it run for 10 mins and check how hot the risers are. They should be not to hot to hold your hands on them. If they are way to hot there is a block passage. On the back of the boat where you put the flush there will be 2 streams of water coming out from behind the drive on the transom. There will be water coming out from you flushing the motor. There should be a stready stream of water if they seem weak that is a bad sign. Seriously if your unsure pay a local boat mechanic to check it out for you. Shouldnt be more then $200 to have it checked out.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdriven View Post
start it let it run for 10 mins and check how hot the risers are. They should be not to hot to hold your hands on them. If they are way to hot there is a block passage. On the back of the boat where you put the flush there will be 2 streams of water coming out from behind the drive on the transom. There will be water coming out from you flushing the motor. There should be a stready stream of water if they seem weak that is a bad sign. Seriously if your unsure pay a local boat mechanic to check it out for you. Shouldnt be more then $200 to have it checked out.
Ok thanks!
Old 04-09-2010, 05:24 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You may want to check out www.forums.iboats.com for more info from boaters
Old 04-09-2010, 05:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
You may want to check out www.forums.iboats.com for more info from boaters
Thanks I might try that. I joined a Four Winns forum and it sucks. No one ever responds to people's questions like they do on here. There isn't that many members. TW is by far he best place to ask any question. Someone always knows the answer or where you can find it.