Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Dewinterizing an outboard?

Old 05-17-2010, 07:19 AM   #1
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Dewinterizing an outboard?

What is involved with getting your boat operational for the summer? My boss is trying to dodge paying an arm and a leg to get our research boat in the water and we are trying to nail this down.

Is it just attaching the prop, visual inspection of the motor, attach the battery and fuel?
Old 05-17-2010, 07:34 AM   #2
pwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to behold

Name: randy
pwrstrk02's Tacoma Gallery
everytime i dewinterized mine i just did a visual on it. when its winterized they put antifreeze in everything, so in order to get it all out you need to flush it by running it. its all echo friendly so just put it in the water and enjoy the season. unless your impellor is old then it is a good idea to replace it. and just in case you are wondering, that is your water pump for the engine that is usualy made of rubber that will freeze, dryrott, heat up, crack and decinigrate and you will over heat your engine. once every other year is the recomendation i got from my mechanic.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:53 AM   #3
Banned
4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrstrk02 View Post
everytime i dewinterized mine i just did a visual on it. when its winterized they put antifreeze in everything, so in order to get it all out you need to flush it by running it. its all echo friendly so just put it in the water and enjoy the season. unless your impellor is old then it is a good idea to replace it. and just in case you are wondering, that is your water pump for the engine that is usualy made of rubber that will freeze, dryrott, heat up, crack and decinigrate and you will over heat your engine. once every other year is the recomendation i got from my mechanic.
X2
Old 05-17-2010, 10:12 AM   #4
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet that is what I figured! Thanks!