Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Kayak fishing Texas Style...

Old 06-11-2010, 08:50 AM   #1
rod dawg is on a distinguished road
rod dawg's Tacoma Gallery
Kayak fishing Texas Style...

Just wanted to say howdy from Texas...Wife and I love the taco and we both are addicted to kayak fishing....4x4 taco will get us anywhere on the Texas coast.

My wife Kristin and a blue...

3 of us fishing below the dam...she still outfishes my brother and I.
mixture of blues, crappie and whitebass
Old 06-11-2010, 08:53 AM   #2
LEEP is on a distinguished road
Name: LEE
LEEP's Tacoma Gallery
Nice load of fish what kind are they
Old 06-11-2010, 08:55 AM   #3
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Mini shark?
Old 06-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Dude some of the pics are CRAZY. Better get all the fishing in you can incase that oil comes your way though.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:53 AM   #5
wootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the rough
Name: Nathan
wootalien's Tacoma Gallery
Ever head down galveston, freeport?
Old 06-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #6
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pics...kayak fishing has really taken off in hawaii now, Some of my friends are bringing in some big fish.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:07 AM   #7
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
I would love to do this. I have been thinking of Kayak fishing. I often wondered if you hung a big one..wouldn't it just drag you around? Also,,,how do you get a shark off the line when you catch it with so small of a space in the boat?
Old 06-17-2010, 09:19 AM   #8
rod dawg is on a distinguished road
rod dawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paidfor View Post
I would love to do this. I have been thinking of Kayak fishing. I often wondered if you hung a big one..wouldn't it just drag you around? Also,,,how do you get a shark off the line when you catch it with so small of a space in the boat?
Being dragged around the gulf is the fun part. 3' or smaller (if you can grab the shark safely behind the dorsal and pectoral fins then remove the hook. Anything larger stays in the water, we just cut close to the hook as possible.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:48 PM   #9
Swollen Member
Squid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to behold
Name: Dave
Squid's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome Rod Dawg! I recognize you from Texaskayakfisherman.com. I have an OK Drifter, too. I mostly do freshwater, but I'm gonna try BTB someday!