Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

My First Marlin! PICS PICS PICS!!

Old 06-19-2010, 07:50 AM   #1
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1A2 701 AS Charleston AFB, SC
Name: Dennis
C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
My First Marlin! PICS PICS PICS!!

Might seem kinda trivial too others, but for the avid salt water fisherman, this is a pretty big deal! Especially in Charleston!!!!

I still totally stoked about it! What an awesome 1 hour battle for a fish that was considered small to marlin standards! Here's some pics! Managed to get some pretty good size mahi, 38 lb!

Started out like:

Old 06-19-2010, 07:53 AM   #4
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys! I'm still excited about it! Spent 15 hours trolling off shore and caught the big fish in the last 4! Heading out to do some spear fishing/scuba diving tomorrow! Last weekend in Charleston before my deployment and its turned out to be an awesome one!
Old 06-19-2010, 08:02 AM   #6
fubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jose
fubar718's Tacoma Gallery
wow...great job. wish I was there for that.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:08 AM   #7
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by C17Guy View Post
Thanks guys! I'm still excited about it! Spent 15 hours trolling off shore and caught the big fish in the last 4! Heading out to do some spear fishing/scuba diving tomorrow! Last weekend in Charleston before my deployment and its turned out to be an awesome one!
Great memory to take with you! Thanks for your service.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:20 AM   #8
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
That's bad ass dude, you got some good pics
Old 06-19-2010, 08:55 AM   #9
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, thats awesome. That is one fish that has still eluded my capture. Congrats.

My cousin was battling a marlin during his vacation in HI, about 2 hours into the fight, the fish was visible right off the stern when the captain turned the boat the wrong way, tangled the lines in the props and snap! He lost the fish. Whole thing was on video, needless to say the captain felt horrible and picked up the entire cost of my cousins trip.

You gotta mount that thing, they look so sweet
Old 06-19-2010, 09:01 AM   #10

C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookylookitzadam View Post
Wow, thats awesome. That is one fish that has still eluded my capture. Congrats.

My cousin was battling a marlin during his vacation in HI, about 2 hours into the fight, the fish was visible right off the stern when the captain turned the boat the wrong way, tangled the lines in the props and snap! He lost the fish. Whole thing was on video, needless to say the captain felt horrible and picked up the entire cost of my cousins trip.

You gotta mount that thing, they look so sweet

Awww dude, I feel for your cousin! I've been fishing all week and been having bad luck catching a couple mahi here and there and a TON of Barracuda!

For some reason everything worked out yesterday! Giant Dolphins, Skip Jack Tunas, and of course the fish of a lifetime, Marlin!

Lol, you damn right I'm getting a mount of that thing! I can officially retire from fishing!

Lol, ain't gonna happen!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:19 AM   #11
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
hey,thats a nice marlin....and some good mahi for the grill.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:49 AM   #12
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
badass!!!!!!!! jelous!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 10:11 AM   #13
Hi-Tech Rednek
::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
::childstoy::'s Tacoma Gallery
Awesome job man... Great action pics too!
Old 06-19-2010, 10:19 AM   #14

C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys! Gotta love that sports mode function! I probably had to sift through 300 pics this morning! And the mahi are goin' on the grill today! Ended up giving away a ton of it yesterday to friends!
Old 06-19-2010, 10:37 AM   #15
fhlashsf is just really nicefhlashsf is just really nicefhlashsf is just really nicefhlashsf is just really nicefhlashsf is just really nice

Name: Curt
fhlashsf's Tacoma Gallery
I caught one in Cabo a few years ago...Hooked it after only 20 minutes out. There was no breeze at all on the water and between the diesel exhaust and fighting that thing for over an hour I was completely wore out and queezy...Congrats!
Old 06-19-2010, 11:10 AM   #16
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
That is awesome! Every fisherman should have the experience of getting to fish for a big saltwater fish.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:48 PM   #17
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
looks good...
Old 06-19-2010, 08:19 PM   #19
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
NICE!!! Great pics man! Thanks for sharing and congrats!!!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 08:23 PM   #20
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
I want to go deep sea fishing so bad.