Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Surf Fishing

Old 06-21-2010, 09:36 AM   #1
dman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
dman597's Tacoma Gallery
Surf Fishing

Hey guys
I just got an OSV permit for DE to Surf fish. My question is what psi do you guys go down to and what tire pressure are you guys running on the road with the stock dunflops.
Also let me see your set up (pole holders)
Old 06-21-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
ScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Corpsman
Name: Scott
ScottyKC's Tacoma Gallery
I would take them down to 0 and buy new tires. Sorry I had these tires on my FJ and my Taco, they are the worst tires I have ever had.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:47 AM   #3
dman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dman597's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i know they suck. but i have to make due with what i got. i am saving for a lift and tires.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:57 AM   #4
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
LMAO~ "take em down to 0"... 15lbs should do ya just fine in the deepest sand....10lbs if u get stuck. I don't know what the beach is like up there but stock tires need 10-15 on Hatteras sand in NC....still can ride down the street a mile or so to get air like that....slow tho. Try it @ full pressure....if you get stuck...then drop em down to 10 and you will pull right out.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:01 AM   #5
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery

Riding on this beach @ full pressure no problem.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:02 AM   #6
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery

Our pole holders are pipes cemented to the rocks.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:19 AM   #7
TacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet -11B
Name: Randy
TacoRan's Tacoma Gallery
I do 15 psi especially if you are going around the Indian River Inlet. All those giant F250s get stuck crossing the dunes and make a mess of the loose sand. Once you are on the beach no problem. I've not crossed at Cape Henlopen but I hear its easier. A good set of deflators speeds up the process too. 2" PVC pipe beaten into the sand was our rod holders.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:55 PM   #8

dman597's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-21-2010, 06:57 PM   #9

dman597's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoRan View Post
I do 15 psi especially if you are going around the Indian River Inlet. All those giant F250s get stuck crossing the dunes and make a mess of the loose sand. Once you are on the beach no problem. I've not crossed at Cape Henlopen but I hear its easier. A good set of deflators speeds up the process too. 2" PVC pipe beaten into the sand was our rod holders.

how offen do you go?
mabe we can meet up.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:09 AM   #11
-

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery

GET STOKED
Old 06-23-2010, 04:35 PM   #12

dman597's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namyo View Post

GET STOKED
nice fish. whats a good amature surf rod and reel.
I was thinking a 12ft ugly with Abu Garcia cardinal
Old 06-24-2010, 04:35 AM   #13
-

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman597 View Post
nice fish. whats a good amature surf rod and reel.
I was thinking a 12ft ugly with Abu Garcia cardinal
The longer and more expensive the betta... gotta get to deep water and when a fish like that bites your rig betta be tight. This fish was caught by swimming out aways to sand bar then casting out...onea me polls is a 150 buck combo and would break if that guy got on. 14' or 16' is kind of a pain to tote around but you'll be glad on the beach.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:23 AM   #14
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
Our poles are 13ft heavy action rods, with either Penn or Newell convetional reels filled with 300+ yards of 60lb test. Not to sure if they would work well for your needs, it may seem a little over-kill but that's about as light as we can go.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:50 AM   #16
Reyalpwens is on a distinguished road

Name: Slim
Reyalpwens's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chux View Post
Dude.. Your reels in the sand
Wouldn't be an issue if it were a Zeebaas