Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health > Body Builds

Notices

David's workout Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
PkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of light
Name: David
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Talking David's workout Thread

Goal is to get stronger and stay pretty lean. I'm 5'8" and 150-155 pounds.

I just started lifting hard about 2 months ago after the Wrestling team I coached season ended. I started lifting mainly because a lot of then were stronger then me and I couldn't have that. Prior to that I did some P90x workouts off and on when I had time worked 80 hours a week and Coached Soccer on top of that. Last Winter and Spring I busted my ass off an lost 45ish pounds. I had the typical drink a lot and eat a lot diet in college.

Switched up my workouts days
Sunday- Chest and Shoulder and Abd
Monday- Deadlifts and lower back
Tuesday- Off
Wednesday- Tris, Bis and Abs
Thursday- Squats and legs
Friday- Upper back, Forearms and Abs
Saturday- Off

Supplements are C4 Pre-workout, NOW Sports Whey Protein (Love it), and Opti Men Daily Vitamin.

Pictures

Old 06-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #2
Airborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Tim
Airborne09's Tacoma Gallery
Try working out just one singular muscle group a day.
ie. Monday: Chest
Tuesday: Arms
Wendsday: Back
Thursday: Shoulders
Friday: Legs
So on so forth..

It actually works miracles. Its how I put on a lot of size cause you can focus on just one thing that day, and it gives those groups enough time to rest before you hit them again so you can keep going.

Best of luck to you on meeting your goals.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #3
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne09 View Post
Try working out just one singular muscle group a day.
ie. Monday: Chest
Tuesday: Arms
Wendsday: Back
Thursday: Shoulders
Friday: Legs
So on so forth..

It actually works miracles. Its how I put on a lot of size cause you can focus on just one thing that day, and it gives those groups enough time to rest before you hit them again so you can keep going.

Best of luck to you on meeting your goals.
this. and switch up exercises, no. of sets, rep ranges etc...

also, it's less about the amount of weight, ..more about the tension applied at the muscles...
Old 06-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #4
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
I find it hard to just workout one muscle group a day.. example... bench press.. works out chest and triceps.. many other exercises do the same shit (though one muscle is being targeted more than the other) but still.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #5
Airborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Tim
Airborne09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
this. and switch up exercises, no. of sets, rep ranges etc...

also, it's less about the amount of weight, ..more about the tension applied at the muscles...
Yea switching it up is key...
For example, when I do chest I'll use barbell and cables, then the next time I do chest I'll only use dumbbells...
I'll also go about one of two times on a muscle group just nice and easy then randomly the next time I'm on it, throw in a super set day to confuse them my muscles even more.

Your exactly right, its not always about the amount of weight you can put up. If your not doing the exercises with proper form, you ain't gonna get the most out of your workout.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:15 AM   #6
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #7
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
If you want to get stronger faster. A lot has to do with forum, and the most important part is a spoter. Look up Luie Simmons on YouTube. Guy is awesome for building strength. A lot of guys do more body building than strength training. So they do a lot if isolating movements. Strength you know it all about compound movements.

I'm 5'6 at 180. I can loose 30lb but I'm not trying to body build.the big 3, I dead lift 405, bench 265, squat 315. I might not look like I can, but when ppl see me dead lift in the gym they now have questions. I even seen people stand there and count how many rips I am able to do with 315. Think 13 was the most I did in one set.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #8
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357sig View Post
If you want to get stronger faster. A lot has to do with forum, and the most important part is a spoter. Look up Luie Simmons on YouTube. Guy is awesome for building strength. A lot of guys do more body building than strength training. So they do a lot if isolating movements. Strength you know it all about compound movements.

I'm 5'6 at 180. I can loose 30lb but I'm not trying to body build.the big 3, I dead lift 405, bench 265, squat 315. I might not look like I can, but when ppl see me dead lift in the gym they now have questions. I even seen people stand there and count how many rips I am able to do with 315. Think 13 was the most I did in one set.
EDIT = FORM...
Old 08-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #9
NorthWest Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
I find it hard to just workout one muscle group a day.. example... bench press.. works out chest and triceps.. many other exercises do the same shit (though one muscle is being targeted more than the other) but still.
There's no PERFECT ideal workout. Truth be told everyone's body reacts differently. The best personal trainer is one who can adapt a workout to each individual specifically even though they may want the same results. As you mentioned some people like to do Chest + Tri in one day because when working your chest your tri is a secondary muscle. But at the same time if your wanting maximum results in your tricep build your tricep workout is more beneficial on a day where your not double working it. Make sense??
If you have any fitness/workout questions feel free to p.m. me.

TO THE OP = if your goal is to only increase the amount of weight your chest can push - i can provide you with a single chest routine which will gain you results weekly.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #10
PkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of light
Name: David
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J88logue View Post
There's no PERFECT ideal workout. Truth be told everyone's body reacts differently. The best personal trainer is one who can adapt a workout to each individual specifically even though they may want the same results. As you mentioned some people like to do Chest + Tri in one day because when working your chest your tri is a secondary muscle. But at the same time if your wanting maximum results in your tricep build your tricep workout is more beneficial on a day where your not double working it. Make sense??
If you have any fitness/workout questions feel free to p.m. me.

TO THE OP = if your goal is to only increase the amount of weight your chest can push - i can provide you with a single chest routine which will gain you results weekly.
Makes sense to me for sure. Thanks for all the advice guys.

Hook me up with that chest workout. Keep in mind I lift at home and only have dumb bells and an.Olymipic bar.

Any tricep stuff?
I've been switching between, triceps extensions, narrow grip bench press,.dips with a 45 pound plate, tricep kickbacks, and skull crushers. I pick three or four on every tricep day and do drop sets. Varying the reps every time.