Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health > Body Builds

Notices

Aaron's work out thread

Old 09-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Aaron's work out thread

Hey guys. I just started the p90x program last Tuesday (9-25).

Trying to get rid of the beer belly and moobs that I have obtained while I was in college full time (15 hrs/ quarter) and working 50 hrs. a week. It left me with absolutely no energy to want to work out and I never ate very healthy. I hate the way I look in my shirts and am pretty embarrassed when I take it off on beaches and stuff... not exactly the lady getter...

Since graduating, I have gotten my diet under control for the most part. I am eating more salads (with grilled chicken and no dressing)instead of that nice juicy cheeseburger, I have cut my soda intake down to just one a day (I was drinking 3-4) and am really trying to completely cut it off. Not eating fried foods nearly as much, I also snack a little throughout the day (healthy snack food) so I don't gorge myself come dinner or lunch.

Before going in to college back in 2008, I weighed 160 with a flat stomach (could never get a 6 pack) and hardly any fat.

My specs as of last Tuesday:
Height:5'10"
Weight: 195

I will post pics of my pre- p90x workout tomorrow and will update throughout the program.

Wish me luck!!! One thing I am having trouble with is not wanting to just sit and relax after a long day at work. I pretty much have to force myself downstairs and knock out the hour long session.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:21 PM   #3
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
thanks. It certainly is! I just read a few other's p90x threads here and got some good tips from them that I am going to try. I have been trying to keep up with the people on there and find myself gassed extremely quick. Then I am screwed if I have to do the ab ripper.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
PkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of light
Name: David
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ab ripper is my favorite part. I still do it for my ab workout. Biggest thing about p90x is on the day when you really don't want to do it. Make yourself mind over matter.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #5
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a good start. May the force be with you!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #6
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
Me and my GF are cheering for ya buddy!
Old 10-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #7

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkTaco View Post
Ab ripper is my favorite part. I still do it for my ab workout. Biggest thing about p90x is on the day when you really don't want to do it. Make yourself mind over matter.
I hate ab ripper. lol I have a tweaked lower back so laying on the ground and doing those exercises kills me... but I get through it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
Sounds like a good start. May the force be with you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD6Speed View Post
Me and my GF are cheering for ya buddy!
thanks guys!
Old 10-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #8
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Yoga killed me!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #9

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Yoga killed me!
I can barely do it. Even when i was in my best shape, I was never flexible. My dad has always been the same way. Neither of us are flexible enough to do yoga
Old 10-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #10
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
This is a good idea.. I'd like to try p90x
Old 10-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #11

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
This is a good idea.. I'd like to try p90x
do it! Yesterday completed my first week in and it is kicking my ass big time but I already feel better than I used to.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #12
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
do it! Yesterday completed my first week in and it is kicking my ass big time but I already feel better than I used to.
keep at it man I'm getting back into mountain biking. I'm also trying to quit smoking again haha
Old 10-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #13

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
keep at it man I'm getting back into mountain biking. I'm also trying to quit smoking again haha
good luck! I quit smoking 2 months ago. its a bitch that is for sure but your body will thank you.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #14
PkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of light
Name: David
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yoga gets better each time you do it.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #15
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
I can barely do it. Even when i was in my best shape, I was never flexible. My dad has always been the same way. Neither of us are flexible enough to do yoga
Actually, all the more reason to pursue it. Your ole man having any back problems?

And mad props on the smoking cessation guys, I'm definitely rooting for ya. That shit has negative effects on every tissue in the human body, not just lungs.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #16

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkTaco View Post
Yoga gets better each time you do it.
I sure hope so!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
Actually, all the more reason to pursue it. Your ole man having any back problems?

And mad props on the smoking cessation guys, I'm definitely rooting for ya. That shit has negative effects on every tissue in the human body, not just lungs.
He hasn't complained of any back problem, I however, do have back problems after my mountain bike accident.

Thanks for the props. After stopping I have felt better (other than the week of having the nicotine withdraw where I felt like complete ass and was extremely pissy)

Thanks for the support guys!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #17
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Any suggestions on exercises to help getting back into mt biking? I just got a stumpjumper fsr comp.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #18

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
Any suggestions on exercises to help getting back into mt biking? I just got a stumpjumper fsr comp.
anything legs. Also, cardio. You can have all that muscle in the legs but the cardio will keep you from gassing out because you can't breathe. trust me. I got on the bike trail for the first time in a long time and even though I have a good amount of muscle in the legs, I couldn't keep my heart rate down and my breathing was all kinds of whack. I didn't last long at all.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #20

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
Ok sounds good. I am thinking about getting a trainer so that I can get in shape during the off season. Thanks for the advice.
I have one. It is awesome to have for the winter time. I have the Cycleops Mag+. It has been great all 6 years I have owned it. I also recommend getting a trainer tire for the bike. It is made of a harder compound so you arent ruining your nicer tires. They are also nice if you plan on using your mountain bike. It is a road tire instead of the knobby tire.