Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health > Body Builds

Notices

My body build

Old 12-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #21
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Up until recently I didn't. I just started weighing my meat at 8 oz. I don't measure my rice or my veggies.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #23
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Why aren't you measuring the rice?
I would start at 200g carbs mid 200pro and 50g fat or so.

Consistency is key.

Fwiw I don't count green veggies though. They don't spike insulin levels and I have never had an issue getting cut with them.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #24
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
Why aren't you measuring the rice?
I would start at 200g carbs mid 200pro and 50g fat or so.

Consistency is key.

Fwiw I don't count green veggies though. They don't spike insulin levels and I have never had an issue getting cut with them.
The problem I have is converting measurements to grams... 8oz of steak/chicken = how many grams? Also 1 cup of rice = how many grams? Rice cakes are a bit easier cause of the nutrition facts.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #25

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Seems appropriate.

Lol
Old 12-31-2012, 05:40 AM   #26
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
The problem I have is converting measurements to grams... 8oz of steak/chicken = how many grams? Also 1 cup of rice = how many grams? Rice cakes are a bit easier cause of the nutrition facts.
For rice I would measure it cooked...do you have a scale? It should have the measurement choices of grams and ounces.

Then again, I'm not a rice fan...I prefer potato. That's just me though...besides, potatoes (sweet) have potassium which are great for pumps and a slow GI thus slower releasing stream of energy.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:51 PM   #27

EMS:
Quote:
For rice I would measure it cooked...do you have a scale? It should have the measurement choices of grams and ounces.

Then again, I'm not a rice fan...I prefer potato. That's just me though...besides, potatoes (sweet) have potassium which are great for pumps and a slow GI thus slower releasing stream of energy.

I don't know why I didn't think of using my scale (I had a "I pick things up and put them down." moment) lol

So I should be consuming about ~33 grams of protein/carbs every meal to reach my goal of 200?

I switch it up. I can't eat the same thing all the time. But just weigh potatoes after cooked also?

Thanks
Old 01-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #28
MPG? LOL

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on how many meals your eating? Just take the number and divide it by that number of meals.

Yessir. I measure potatoes cooked.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #29

EMS:
Quote:
Depends on how many meals your eating? Just take the number and divide it by that number of meals.

Yessir. I measure potatoes cooked.
I'm aiming for 6 meals. So yeah 200/6 = 33

I was using my grams for the first time. Does this seem right?

Looks like 34g of rice is about 2 tbl. Spoons???

And that's not including the dish.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #30
MPG? LOL

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
34g of rice is the weight...not sure how's my carbs that is off hand.

Be sure you are placing the plastic container on it, then zeroing it out and adding the food.

Also...if it means anything my carbs are usually divided upon breakfast, Pre and post..so why not divide it upon 3 instead?

90g oats=61g carbs
320g sweet potatoes=64g carbs
345g white potato =59g carbs

That help? I also have fats in almost every meal to slow down the digestion rate...plus the extra health benefits of the fats...joint care, repair, etc.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #31

EMS:
Quote:
34g of rice is the weight...not sure how's my carbs that is off hand.

Be sure you are placing the plastic container on it, then zeroing it out and adding the food.

Also...if it means anything my carbs are usually divided upon breakfast, Pre and post..so why not divide it upon 3 instead?

90g oats=61g carbs
320g sweet potatoes=64g carbs
345g white potato =59g carbs

That help? I also have fats in almost every meal to slow down the digestion rate...plus the extra health benefits of the fats...joint care, repair, etc.
Yeah I zero out the dish.

Since I am up 19-20hrs a day would it be better to spread out my carbs?

I do take fats on a regular. Fish oils and mixed nuts.

Thanks
Old 01-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #32
MPG? LOL

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Up to you...i prefer eating them around my training sessions though. Fats being higher would help w/ energy and fullness too.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #33
Scamilton is on a distinguished road
Army: I plug bleeding holes
Name: Soldier
Scamilton's Tacoma Gallery
Just figured I'd pass some info on to you guys because there is a lot of misinformation that has been pushed out by supplement companies on how much protein one needs to get bigger.

Your body can only take in 30 grams (protein) per digestive cycle and anything over 1 gram for every two pounds of body weight gets flushed out. Best ratio to go with is really simple.

1/2/3
fat/protein/carbs

For every 1 gram of fat, consume 2 of protein and 3 of carbs. This information is all straight from a nutritionist, and backed by a strength and conditioning coach.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #34
MPG? LOL

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ not true man...
Old 01-10-2013, 03:56 AM   #35
Scamilton is on a distinguished road
Army: I plug bleeding holes
Name: Soldier
Scamilton's Tacoma Gallery
Alright, I'll be sure to let the people know that studied this stuff academically through rigorous testing on all fundamental levels that the guy at tacoma world said they were full of shit.

Take it or leave it bud I don't care.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:01 AM   #36
MPG? LOL

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone can find studies and I can pretty much guarantee I can find a study that will prove your study wrong.

There are many variables to studies that leave a lot of open ended questions.

Just to make sure i understand what you are saying, every meal that contains over 30g of protein is wasted? Let's say I do 6 meals a day. 6x30=180g. Not only is that not enough to assist with supporting my LBM, but lets say I'm prepping for stage and lower my carbs. What's there to help preserve muscle tissue? That amount of protein isn't going to spare me anything.

You also mentioned 30g per digestion cycle. Considering there is an overlap of food at each meal then anytime you take in another meal when your body hasn't fully digested the one before its just a waist then? Just trying to make sure I understand your thoughts.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #37

EMS:
Yeah I would take a pro sponsored body builders word over some random person.

But anyways.

Been on track with my diet:

Also noticed I didn't have any leg progress photos.

Calves are so hard to grow!!! Wtf
Old 01-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #38
MPG? LOL

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not "pro" but I am sponsored...not that being sponsored would make a difference? Even some of the IFBB pros....
Old 01-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #39

EMS:
Oh my bad, nevertheless, you do compete and your physique is obviously of someone who knows what there talking about.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #40
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamilton View Post
Just figured I'd pass some info on to you guys because there is a lot of misinformation that has been pushed out by supplement companies on how much protein one needs to get bigger.

Your body can only take in 30 grams (protein) per digestive cycle and anything over 1 gram for every two pounds of body weight gets flushed out. Best ratio to go with is really simple.

1/2/3
fat/protein/carbs

For every 1 gram of fat, consume 2 of protein and 3 of carbs. This information is all straight from a nutritionist, and backed by a strength and conditioning coach.
What a bunch of load that is......doesn't matter if they have a freakin PHD, its from FDA sponsored sources! That's why Americas fat, by listening to this crap. How do I know? First hand experience! Eat more protein, atleast 1g per lb of bw and you'll grow muscle! Also, carbs raise insulin which is a storage hormone so they clearly act to help store body fat for later use as energy!