Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health > Body Builds

Notices

Getting back in,

Old 07-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Getting back in,

Hey guys, So i used to work out then i started getting sick so anyways, Ten weeks out of a double lung transplant ive been told to exercise as much as possible so im asking you guys, What is a good schedule to follow to start getting back into lifting. I used to do straight bar, Free weights, Leg presses, squats, Cardio, and also used to work forearms alot...

My schedule used to be,

Day 1 of week, Chest, Tri, fores
Day 2 of week, Back, Bi
Day 3 Legs.
Day 4 REST.
Day 5 Repeat Chest, Tri, Fore
Day 6 Repeat Back, Bi
Day 7 Cardio, Short stack of leg.

So should i get back to this, Or cut some stuff or just lighten the weights and start over (weight wise)
Old 07-30-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
DietTraining
Supps
Old 07-30-2013, 11:05 AM   #3
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
DietTraining
Supps
I dont need to diet, After transplant i have to keep my weight up. The more weight the better.

Up Your Mass
N.O. explode
Syn protein

Those are the three i used to take.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #4
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
I dont need to diet, After transplant i have to keep my weight up. The more weight the better.

Up Your Mass
N.O. explode
Syn protein

Those are the three i used to take.
Diet = lifestyle

Right...so based on some of ur previous posts, you eat food with a low micro count, no? And the "more weight the better" isn't the best as you may pack on unwanted body fat to an extreme? (Presuming you pack on weight) Then you have a line of items to worry about...I would consider foods that are micro dense with a some clean macros...in other words, a Wendy's Baconator that has 59g of fat is not the best option (consider the fat sources)

I can go on and on about food choices all day, but first thing first I would suggest cleaning up your food choices, (for your own health) and using whole meals where u can opposed to shakes. Whole meals will have a better ingredient profile, better micronutrients, and keep you fuller.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #5

So less bad fats and more clean carbs that are enriched with protein instead of fats?

Is it good to pack on weight before working on the stomach area (six-pack goal)
Old 07-30-2013, 11:30 AM   #6
MPG? LOL

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So less bad fats and more clean carbs that are enriched with protein instead of fats?

Is it good to pack on weight before working on the stomach area (six-pack goal)
A mixture of all carbs...I use slow and fast acting.

If you are skinny but can't get the abs to "pop" then u need some core work. If you're heavier and have no abs u need both I'm sure. Too many are under the impression that you can do 10k crunches and have abs...that's not the case. They are built in the kitchen (food choices) I flow a regimented and consistent meal plan (meals are cut, weighed, cooked, seasoned etc)that allows me to keep my goals while continuing to reach for higher ones that I set.

Those who are taller have a longer frame so it's more of a challenge to 'fill out' meaning they can usually get away with more....guys like me are shorter and carry weight easier....it can work to advantage depending on your goal though.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:51 AM   #7
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
My recommendation OP - try something and see if it works, everyones body will react differently to various workouts/diets.

Make your own workout and diet (if any) and add in new things every now and then....

The most important thing is motivation, find a way to pull your ass in the gym on the most depressing day.

Best luck to you bud

MY Credits:

Certified Trainer through NASM.
-Golds Gym L.A.
-L.A. Fitness Hillsboro/portland
-Snap Fitness Scappoose

Professional Fitness/Fashion model since 2008.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #8
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
i'd drop the N.O. Xplode and try silk amino acids or branch chain amino acids, i really like the SAA's and have friends that use BCAA's with good results. no creatine or anything, just that and whey isolate combined with a hypertrophy/power day regimen to gain lean mass. works really well, for me at least
Old 07-30-2013, 12:00 PM   #9
MPG? LOL

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J88logue View Post
My recommendation OP - try something and see if it works, everyones body will react differently to various workouts/diets.

Make your own workout and diet (if any) and add in new things every now and then....

The most important thing is motivation, find a way to pull your ass in the gym on the most depressing day.

Best luck to you bud

MY Credits:

Certified Trainer through NASM.
-Golds Gym L.A.
-L.A. Fitness Hillsboro/portland
-Snap Fitness Scappoose

Professional Fitness/Fashion model since 2008.
My only credits

Competitive BB'r
Applying what I know regularly through the past few years
Learning what I can from many fitness boards (no bro sci )
Old 07-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #10

Thanks everyone! I like to have something to gear me up before i hit it, Nothing Steroid wise just a good NO explode kind of thing.

I liked working on all my limbs one day excluding legs then have a pure chest and stomach day, Leg day and then a cardio/endurance day.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #11

FYI, I weight 145 at 5'7"

doctor says i need more weight. Preferrably something that doesnt have a ton of carbs due to my diabetics.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:31 PM   #12

Hit the gym tonight... Lost so much strength. Used to be able to put up 140 on the bench... Now shaking at a clean 100...
Old 07-31-2013, 08:50 AM   #13
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
i'd drop the N.O. Xplode
Have you read what that beautiful red container contains??
Old 07-31-2013, 10:21 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by J88logue View Post
Have you read what that beautiful red container contains??
is that a scary threat you know some nasty shit kind of thing? Cause if it is keep it to yourself i love my beautiful red container powder! ITS PUMPS ME UP! <(Arnold Voice)
Old 07-31-2013, 10:29 AM   #15
NorthWest Member

Quote:
is that a scary threat you know some nasty shit kind of thing? Cause if it is keep it to yourself i love my beautiful red container powder! ITS PUMPS ME UP! <(Arnold Voice)
lol ^^^^^^^^^^ i'd say it's more mental if anything don't get me wrong the fruit punch flavor has a great tang to it!!

But yes - of course it has some nasty shit in it haha
Old 07-31-2013, 10:30 AM   #16

I eat wendys bro i aint scurred. LOL Nah but for cereal. I GOT WEAK! I could only fast pace walk a quarter, And this morning i experienced a fun charley in my calf. Just felt amazing!!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:13 PM   #17

im sore. Mainly biceps and back. I worked almost everything to see where i was and man... Came up short as hell on everything! My bench went from a clean 145 to shaky on 95... couldnt even swing 30s for forearm!!! had to cheat which in my opinion is a waste of time
Old 10-09-2013, 11:51 PM   #18
My boys need a house.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Really glad to see you're working back to fitness.

I'll let you and the gym folk talk about diet and reps, but don't forget you live in a fitness paradise. As long as your lungs can take the cold and elevation, get outside and enjoy yourself. For cardio, hike and snowshoe. Take a camera along to break up the time. When the cold starts to bother you, buy a good mask to protect your face and warm up the air before you inhale. When you're ready, get up high for some hiking, skiing, snowshoeing, etc. Some of the most fun I've had was being on 14ers in winter, and it definitely is a workout.

Good luck, and don't let your current status discourage you. It'll come back.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Really glad to see you're working back to fitness.

I'll let you and the gym folk talk about diet and reps, but don't forget you live in a fitness paradise. As long as your lungs can take the cold and elevation, get outside and enjoy yourself. For cardio, hike and snowshoe. Take a camera along to break up the time. When the cold starts to bother you, buy a good mask to protect your face and warm up the air before you inhale. When you're ready, get up high for some hiking, skiing, snowshoeing, etc. Some of the most fun I've had was being on 14ers in winter, and it definitely is a workout.

Good luck, and don't let your current status discourage you. It'll come back.
Definitely getting my muscle strength and endurance back. I actually ran up four fights of stairs and beat a car going up in a parking lot. I try my hardest to do exercise in anything i do, Even Walking i try to keep straight and practically jog ha