Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade - Canada

Notices

WTB Gas Can non carb compliant

Old 06-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
Squirrellydw is on a distinguished road

Squirrellydw's Tacoma Gallery
WTB Gas Can non carb compliant

So if I understand this correctly I believe Canada still sells non carb compliant gas cans. I would like to buy a 5 gallon non carb compliant gas can. If anyone lives in Canada and is willing to ship it to me that would be great. I would like to see a picture of it first. Mine is on its last bit of life and the ones sold in the USA SUCK.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
What's the difference?
Old 06-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #4

OK, I think 5 Gallons is about 20L. The difference is here in the USA we have to have these stupid safety features on them, I believe Canada didn't adopt this. We have had it for years. I want something like this but new.
Attached Thumbnails
WTB Gas Can non carb compliant-gas.jpg  
Old 06-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrellydw View Post
OK, I think 5 Gallons is about 20L. The difference is here in the USA we have to have these stupid safety features on them, I believe Canada didn't adopt this. We have had it for years. I want something like this but new.
Oh... I guess I've just got old cans, mine don't have any safety crap on them.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #7
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
why not just rip the safety parts off?

do you mean the locking cap? so you have to push a button as you turn it to open it up?
Old 06-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #8

bought one on ebay
Old 07-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #9
Edzzed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdzzed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdzzed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdzzed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdzzed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdzzed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdzzed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdzzed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdzzed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdzzed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdzzed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ed
Edzzed's Tacoma Gallery
I live in Canada and was in Washington one day. Was gonna buy a gas can to bring extra fuel home but the price was ridiculous even at Fred Meyer and Walmart. I opted to wait til I got home since they are much cheaper here.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #10
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
why not just rip the safety parts off?

do you mean the locking cap? so you have to push a button as you turn it to open it up?
No... it's a complete safety nozzle that supposedly won't allow for spillage and it draws replacement air from the tank the fuel is being poured into.

You can unscrew the nozzle to fill it, but you can't buy non-CARB replacement nozzles.

Only way to go is to buy "utility jugs" from the offroad store that are designed to carry water, drill, tap, and JB-Weld a PVC hose fitting into the cap, and make your own.

Problem is, the utility jugs don't fit Jerry can holders and they're pretty tall so they can't just be tossed into the bed without securing them or they'll fall over.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #11
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh... and it's supposed to capture vapor and prevent spillage, but it actually ends up dumping half the can down the side of your truck/boat/motorcycle.

They suck.

We used to be able to get the non-CARB cans out on Catalina Island up until about 2005.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #12
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Oh... and it's supposed to capture vapor and prevent spillage, but it actually ends up dumping half the can down the side of your truck/boat/motorcycle.

They suck.

We used to be able to get the non-CARB cans out on Catalina Island up until about 2005.
Yea things go downhill fast when morons try to reinvent the wheel....
Old 08-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #13
nschmittsd is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Nick
nschmittsd's Tacoma Gallery
Go to any shop that sells dirtbikes or atvs they still sell them they just say that there for "water "
Old 02-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #14
maju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Retired
maju's Tacoma Gallery
get the crappy CARB spout can, then go here: http://ezpourspout.com/wp/

and then watch the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSXvNgW6OEY
Old 02-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #15
Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
b0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shed

b0ules's Tacoma Gallery
WOW. Just WOW... That guy's mastery of hand tools is incredible. That plastic almost proved to be too much for his drill, but he sure showed it on the *second* pass...
Old 02-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #16

LOL!

Be careful and don't let the plastic chips get inside.
Then he files it at the end.

Camo and gloves? Someone is going to ID him from his fingerprints?

Chips in the can are unavoidable. Just need to get some kerosene and rinse it out.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #17
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought some Scepter MFC gas cans here in Soviet Canada