1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Custom Roof Top Tent Aluminum rack

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade - Canada' started by EricGagne, May 21, 2013.

1. May 21, 2013 at 10:43 AM
    EricGagne

EricGagne [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Montreal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
    Literider Tonneau Cover, RAM Mount Laptop Support. Uniden CB RTT and awning with self-designed custom rack Dual battery system - National Luna solenoid and monitor, Columbia Overland dual battery tray, 2 Odyssey PC1200 12 circuits Fuse block with 80A macro fuse block "breaker" OME suspension Replaced passenger area with a flat platform for my ARB fridge and camping clothes. Tiregate HG series
    I designed this rack myself and had it made to my specs. There's 2 big advantages to it.

1. It is designed to be compatible with an Access tonneau cover. You can have a RTT on your Tacoma and still hide what's in your bed.

2. It stands much lower than most custom made racks which reduces the drag (fuel economy) and keeps the center of gravity lower than with most RTT racks where the tent stands higher than the truck's roof.

On the driver's side, there is 2 extra tubes with removable "palettes" for the installation of an awning.

*** Important notes:

• The base of the RTT (top of the rack) is about 5.5 feet from ground so a changing room can hardly be added.
    • The awning support stands higher than the base of the RTT. One will need to bend the holding rods for the rainfly on that side.
    • Installing this rack without an Access tonneau cover will require the use of spacers between the rack and the bed walls. I cannot provide these spacers since they came with my tonneau cover.
    Being made of aluminum it is very light but the overall dimensions are about 5'x6'x1' so I don't know if it can be shipped for a reasonable price.

Price: $750 $500 $450 OBO

Lift 004.jpg
    Lift 005.jpg
    Lift 006.jpg
    Lift 007.jpg
    Lift 008.jpg

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  2. May 25, 2013 at 6:13 AM
    EricGagne

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Montreal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
    Literider Tonneau Cover, RAM Mount Laptop Support. Uniden CB RTT and awning with self-designed custom rack Dual battery system - National Luna solenoid and monitor, Columbia Overland dual battery tray, 2 Odyssey PC1200 12 circuits Fuse block with 80A macro fuse block "breaker" OME suspension Replaced passenger area with a flat platform for my ARB fridge and camping clothes. Tiregate HG series
    New price: $500

3. May 25, 2013 at 2:19 PM
    djo991

djo991 Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Double cab SR5
    Nothing on it .... FOR THE MOMENT
    sa donne quel grandeur une fois monter ta tante

4. May 26, 2013 at 6:59 PM
    Kailey Jo

Kailey Jo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Liam
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab TRD
    are you selling the tent as well?

5. May 28, 2013 at 4:47 PM
    EricGagne

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Montreal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
    @Kailey Jo: Yes, I am also selling the tent (the awning is sold already).

@djo991: Calcule à peu près 27" à ajouter à la hauteur de ta boite. (The question was what is the total height with the tent, you need to add about 27" to your bed height)

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  6. May 28, 2013 at 5:07 PM
    EricGagne

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Montreal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
    About the tent.

It's about 5 years old and it has seen at least 10K kilometers of gravel roads.

The mattress is good and clean, I always used sheets or sleeping bags on it.

I sell it with a spare cover. They were both used and they show wear because of the dust but they were professionnally repaired last year and have not been off road since. One was patched in 2 places, the other one got a brand new zipper all around.

I sell it with the optional ladder extension.'

Edit: I forgot the tents details. It's a CampingLab, 55" x 94" opened, 55" x 47" closed.

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  7. Jun 3, 2013 at 8:01 AM
    EricGagne

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Montreal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
    New price: $450 OBO

8. Jun 9, 2013 at 10:05 AM
    EricGagne

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Montreal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
    Rack dimensions and some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  9. Jun 11, 2013 at 12:17 PM
    EricGagne

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Montreal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
    The link to the image with the dimensions in the previous post was not working. I fixed it.

10. Aug 5, 2013 at 1:13 PM
    PNW/TRD Steve

PNW/TRD Steve Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD
    ImMrYo Rear view mirror lift bracket. Changed out mud flaps. Salex glove box organizer. OEM Ashtray (cup). AVS Step Shields. 16x8 SCS F5 Matte Jet Black. 265/75 16 Cooper St Maxx. OME Bp-51s. U.S. Offroad Winch Mount (in process) Smittybuilt x20 12k synthetic winch (in process) More....
    Gonna give you a bump for what looks to be an excellent rack.
    Looks a lot like one I designed on SketchUp just last week (same goal in mind but wish to incorporate the Bak Roll-X cover)!
    Good luck with the sell. Just need to find a buyer in your area.

Products Discussed in

To Top