1. It is designed to be compatible with an Access tonneau cover. You can have a RTT on your Tacoma and still hide what's in your bed.
2. It stands much lower than most custom made racks which reduces the drag (fuel economy) and keeps the center of gravity lower than with most RTT racks where the tent stands higher than the truck's roof.
On the driver's side, there is 2 extra tubes with removable "palettes" for the installation of an awning.
*** Important notes:
- The base of the RTT (top of the rack) is about 5.5 feet from ground so a changing room can hardly be added.
- The awning support stands higher than the base of the RTT. One will need to bend the holding rods for the rainfly on that side.
- Installing this rack without an Access tonneau cover will require the use of spacers between the rack and the bed walls. I cannot provide these spacers since they came with my tonneau cover.