Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade - Canada

Notices

Custom Roof Top Tent Aluminum rack

Old 05-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
EricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
EricGagne's Tacoma Gallery
Custom Roof Top Tent Aluminum rack

I designed this rack myself and had it made to my specs. There's 2 big advantages to it.

1. It is designed to be compatible with an Access tonneau cover. You can have a RTT on your Tacoma and still hide what's in your bed.

2. It stands much lower than most custom made racks which reduces the drag (fuel economy) and keeps the center of gravity lower than with most RTT racks where the tent stands higher than the truck's roof.

On the driver's side, there is 2 extra tubes with removable "palettes" for the installation of an awning.

*** Important notes:
  • The base of the RTT (top of the rack) is about 5.5 feet from ground so a changing room can hardly be added.
  • The awning support stands higher than the base of the RTT. One will need to bend the holding rods for the rainfly on that side.
  • Installing this rack without an Access tonneau cover will require the use of spacers between the rack and the bed walls. I cannot provide these spacers since they came with my tonneau cover.
Being made of aluminum it is very light but the overall dimensions are about 5'x6'x1' so I don't know if it can be shipped for a reasonable price.

Price: $750 $500 $450 OBO
Attached Thumbnails
Custom Roof Top Tent Aluminum rack-lift-004.jpg   Custom Roof Top Tent Aluminum rack-lift-005.jpg   Custom Roof Top Tent Aluminum rack-lift-006.jpg   Custom Roof Top Tent Aluminum rack-lift-007.jpg   Custom Roof Top Tent Aluminum rack-lift-008.jpg  

Old 05-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
djo991 is on a distinguished road
djo991's Tacoma Gallery
sa donne quel grandeur une fois monter ta tante
Old 05-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #4
Kailey Jo will become famous soon enoughKailey Jo will become famous soon enough

Name: Liam
Kailey Jo's Tacoma Gallery
are you selling the tent as well?
Old 05-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #5
EricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

@Kailey Jo: Yes, I am also selling the tent (the awning is sold already).

@djo991: Calcule à peu près 27" à ajouter à la hauteur de ta boite. (The question was what is the total height with the tent, you need to add about 27" to your bed height)
Old 05-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #6

About the tent.

It's about 5 years old and it has seen at least 10K kilometers of gravel roads.

The mattress is good and clean, I always used sheets or sleeping bags on it.

I sell it with a spare cover. They were both used and they show wear because of the dust but they were professionnally repaired last year and have not been off road since. One was patched in 2 places, the other one got a brand new zipper all around.

I sell it with the optional ladder extension.'

Edit: I forgot the tents details. It's a CampingLab, 55" x 94" opened, 55" x 47" closed.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #10
Pyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Pyrite Mica's Tacoma Gallery
Bump!

Gonna give you a bump for what looks to be an excellent rack.
Looks a lot like one I designed on SketchUp just last week (same goal in mind but wish to incorporate the Bak Roll-X cover)!
Good luck with the sell. Just need to find a buyer in your area.