Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade - Other

Notices

Looking for BDU's

Old 08-28-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
Nobody makes me bleed my own blood.
mudduck will become famous soon enough

mudduck's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for BDU's

hey guys, i know there are a lot of military guys here and was hoping to get a hook up. i'm looking for some FREE BDU pants, shirts, and jackets. I would be willing to pay for shipping. so, if you have any sitting around your house that you want to get rid of, let me know. i'm looking for mediums and smalls mostly. thanks in advance for your help!
Old 08-28-2008, 05:07 PM   #2
PhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Civil Air Patrol (US Air Force Auxiliary)
PhoenixCadet's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PhoenixCadet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudduck View Post
hey guys, i know there are a lot of military guys here and was hoping to get a hook up. i'm looking for some FREE BDU pants, shirts, and jackets. I would be willing to pay for shipping. so, if you have any sitting around your house that you want to get rid of, let me know. i'm looking for mediums and smalls mostly. thanks in advance for your help!
I just got rid of an old pair.

Damn. Sorry man. I'm sure someone here will be able to hook you up.

Good luck.

-PC
Old 08-28-2008, 05:33 PM   #3

mudduck's Tacoma Gallery
thats cool. thanks anyway PC!
Old 08-28-2008, 05:37 PM   #4
OIF/OEF/3VZ Veteran
Seafarinman is on a distinguished road

Navy: IT1(SW)-OIF/OEF Veteran
Seafarinman's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know if anyone will gladly give away their uniforms, but good luck in your search.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:16 PM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Free? Why not just buy some stuff? It's not that expensive.

Check e-bay and/or search for a local Military surplus store. One surplus store we got to has shirt/pant set for $15 used. Not bad....
Old 08-28-2008, 06:27 PM   #6
Scavenger
zombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to all

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
somebody going to be a zombie soldier this halloween?

and i mean that in a 28 days later, zombie virus plague movie kind of way and not anything to do with dying in combat

just want to clear that up.

i've been a zombie doctor, soldier and cop before, so........heh
Old 08-28-2008, 06:30 PM   #7

mudduck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Free? Why not just buy some stuff? It's not that expensive.

Check e-bay and/or search for a local Military surplus store. One surplus store we got to has shirt/pant set for $15 used. Not bad....

because i'm a cheap bastard. and we no longer have a surplus store close. i figure its a win/win. somebody gets rid of clothes they dont want and/or dont have room for, and i get a good deal on some clothes.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:32 PM   #8
PhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
because i'm a cheap bastard. and we no longer have a surplus store close. i figure its a win/win. somebody gets rid of clothes they dont want and/or dont have room for, and i get a good deal on some clothes.
Just remember to remove the insignia / badges / branch tapes from the jacket, 'cause if you didn't earn it - it's illegal to wear.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:35 PM   #9

mudduck's Tacoma Gallery
cool. thanks for the heads up PC
Old 08-28-2008, 06:48 PM   #10

Quote:
cool. thanks for the heads up PC
No problem.

Just wanted to give you a heads up, 'cause I've heard too many a time "I'm just wearing it for hunting, paintballing, airsofting, etc. it's not like I'm gunna claim to be [insert whatever here]", and my response to them is "it's still illegal".

Not that you'd do any of that, anyways. Like I said, just a heads up.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:04 PM   #11
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
really i didnt know it was illegal.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:51 PM   #12
Wish i was wheelin
TengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TengoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man i have some USMC desert camie pants. They have been to Iraq and back. They are worn and faded so i can't wear them to work anymore. There yours if you want them.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #13

mudduck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengoTaco View Post
Hey man i have some USMC desert camie pants. They have been to Iraq and back. They are worn and faded so i can't wear them to work anymore. There yours if you want them.

would love to have them! thank you very much. i'll send you a pm with all of my info.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:44 PM   #14
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
The Unite States Code Title 10 Chapter 45 Section 771 defines what is legal an illegal as a non Active Duty Military member to wear in regards to a Military Uniform.

It states:

Quote:
10 USC Sec. 771 01/03/2007

-EXPCITE-
TITLE 10 - ARMED FORCES
Subtitle A - General Military Law
PART II - PERSONNEL
CHAPTER 45 - THE UNIFORM

-HEAD-
Sec. 771. Unauthorized wearing prohibited

-STATUTE-
Except as otherwise provided by law, no person except a member of
the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps, as the case may be, may
wear -
(1) the uniform, or a distinctive part of the uniform, of the
Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps; or
(2) a uniform any part of which is similar to a distinctive
part of the uniform of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps.
The link.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:51 PM   #15
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
The Unite States Code Title 10 Chapter 45 Section 771 defines what is legal an illegal as a non Active Duty Military member to wear in regards to a Military Uniform.
that doesnt mean non active duty....if that were the case, then natl guardsmen and reservists couldnt wear them to drill weekends b/c we wouldnt be on active duty orders...

JROTC in HS wears the same uniforms as the active folks, just w/ different badges.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:52 PM   #16

mudduck's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the link banshee
Old 08-28-2008, 08:54 PM   #17
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
I would be more than happy to send you some old woodland print cammies that you can find just about anywhere however as for our digital marpat print it has the EGA spread throughout the print and is not to be worn in any manner other than combat or as an authorized military work uniform. I am sure you plan to use them in a hunting mannor or just to wheel in however giving up a uniform that can ultimitly cause a security threat is not in the best intrest of anyone. Let me know if you want some old ones such as you would have seen up through about 2001 in the USMC. Those are fine to wear as long as you do not have military or name tapes.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:59 PM   #18

mudduck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by harris.jasonm View Post
I would be more than happy to send you some old woodland print cammies that you can find just about anywhere however as for our digital marpat print it has the EGA spread throughout the print and is not to be worn in any manner other than combat or as an authorized military work uniform. I am sure you plan to use them in a hunting mannor or just to wheel in however giving up a uniform that can ultimitly cause a security threat is not in the best intrest of anyone. Let me know if you want some old ones such as you would have seen up through about 2001 in the USMC. Those are fine to wear as long as you do not have military or name tapes.

Thanks jason. i would love to have whatever you can send. being a cop, i certainly understand security issues. i would hate to give the derka derkas anymore of an advantage. i'll send you an email with my info
Old 08-28-2008, 09:02 PM   #19
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good MudDuck. I'll see what I can get together over the next week and send them out to ya...
Old 08-28-2008, 09:10 PM   #20
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
that doesnt mean non active duty....if that were the case, then natl guardsmen and reservists couldnt wear them to drill weekends b/c we wouldnt be on active duty orders...

JROTC in HS wears the same uniforms as the active folks, just w/ different badges.
There are provisions in there that address that issue. Look into section 772.