LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade - Other

Notices

$25 SEARS Gift Card

Old 06-13-2011, 05:12 AM   #1
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
$25 SEARS Gift Card

Before you read... I'm basically looking for a FAVOR here.

I got a $25 Sears gift card for my birthday last week. I rarely get to Sears, so it might be a while before I use it. If anybody out there is headed to Sears this weekend or something and wouldn't mind doing me a favor, I'd rather have the cash.

PayPal me $25 and I'll mail it to you.

Thanks.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:27 AM   #2
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Not trying to an ass here, but why would anyone do this?
Old 06-13-2011, 05:32 AM   #3
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
Not trying to an ass here, but why would anyone do this?
This^^, no one is going to send u money to get.the same thing thy can get at the store, ur going to have to discount it or keep it... No one pays 25 dollars today to get 25 dollars in the future
Old 06-13-2011, 05:34 AM   #4
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
This^^, no one is going to send u money to get.the same thing thy can get at the store, ur going to have to discount it or keep it... No one pays 25 dollars today to get 25 dollars in the future
try locally, probably turn out better...
Old 06-13-2011, 06:09 AM   #5
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Like I said, I'm looking for a FAVOR... Not looking to make a great deal for myself or somebody else. I understand it's a long shot, and it'll take a certain kind of person in a specific situation (headed to Sears soon) to make it work. I also understand it's not likely to work.

I'm gonna try locally, too.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:09 AM   #6
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
TacoTabe's Tacoma Gallery
*moving to the funny pics and wtf threads*

Seriously though, OP- what is the purpose of this. The only way this transaction would make any sense for the buyer is if he/she were doing you a personal favor.

Otherwise there is no point in trading $25 cash for gift card. Why go through the trouble of PM'ing you to get ur paypal info, sending the $ and waiting for the card?

Buyer could save themselves the time and trouble and just go straight to sears and spend $25 cash...

Either way, bumped. And good luck with the sale

EDIT: I see you answered this as I was typing. As I said, good luck!
Old 06-13-2011, 06:26 AM   #7
rangejeep is on a distinguished road

rangejeep's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.plasticjungle.com/
Old 06-13-2011, 06:28 AM   #8

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangejeep View Post
That's pretty slick... I hadn't heard of that site before. Thanks.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:32 AM   #9
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Easy fellas. Matt is a long standing member and a pretty decent guy (as far as I recall ). He is just looking for a favor, not a handout, it doesn't cost anyone any extra and helps a brother out.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:33 AM   #10

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
Easy fellas. Matt is a long standing member and a pretty decent guy (as far as I recall ). He is just looking for a favor, not a handout, it doesn't cost anyone any extra and helps a brother out.
Thank you, sir. I like to think of myself as at least a half-decent guy.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:34 AM   #11
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Oh wait...I just saw that you drive a Prerunner...Please disregard my previous post.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:41 AM   #12

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh wait...I just saw that you drive a Prerunner...Please disregard my previous post.
Like I said... I'm only 'half' decent...
Old 06-13-2011, 06:41 AM   #13

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
Like I said... I'm only 'half' decent...
Old 06-13-2011, 06:45 AM   #14
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2 that's what i was going for, it's not that big of a deal
Old 06-13-2011, 08:45 AM   #15
Busting hymens since 2014
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Your best bet is to go to a sears store, find someone waiting in line to buy something, tell them your story. Let them use your card to buy their item (while you are standing next to them) then after they purchase the item they will give you the $25 cash.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:28 AM   #17
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Go to sears and buy a tool. It's free money, you can always use more tools.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:29 AM   #18
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by db View Post
Your best bet is to go to a sears store, find someone waiting in line to buy something, tell them your story. Let them use your card to buy their item (while you are standing next to them) then after they purchase the item they will give you the $25 cash.
There is no way in hell I would do that (if I was the person in line)
Old 06-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #19

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by db View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyScottETC View Post
There is no way in hell I would do that (if I was the person in line)
Believe it or not, I've actually done that before. I happened to see a guy pulling out cash to pay for something at a store I happened to have a gift card to in my wallet. I asked if he'd do the deal, and he said, "If you stand here until I see that it's really worth $25 (or whatever it was)." Of course I stayed - b/c I wasn't trying to scam him - and it worked out perfectly.

Trying to go to Sears hoping to find somebody to do the deal is basically like this thread - unlikely to actually work. Like I've said, I'll use the thing eventually... b/c eventually I'll find something I need and get it from Sears.

I really just need to tell my sister-in-law that next year I'd rather have a gift card to Amazon.com.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:52 AM   #20
Rich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Rich Beauregard's Tacoma Gallery
If I buy a Sears card at my local grocery store, I get fuel perks ($ .10 off per gallon for every $50 spent) So when I'm going to Sears to buy something (Like my $200 mower) I get $ .40 cents off every gallon of gas I buy. Now that adds up with the $500-$600 of groceries I buy per month (Another $1.20). That saves like $1.60 off each gallon of gas I buy.
OR
Just go to ebay and look at "Sears Gift Cards" you can find $25 gift cards for about $23 with free shipping. If you trust it.
ebay item: 320710658340