Notices

*HELP* WTB Verizon Cell Phone!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-31-2011, 01:26 PM   #1
chanes8cwu is on a distinguished road

Name: Joe
chanes8cwu's Tacoma Gallery
*HELP* WTB Verizon Cell Phone!

So i lost my cell phone in the mosh pit at Soundgarden last night, i already have a bad experience buying stolen phones from craigslist so i wanted to see if anyone had a crappy verizon phone laying around that they wouldnt mind getting rid of. Id really appreciate it!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 01:31 PM   #2
slmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
slmgt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanes8cwu View Post
So i lost my cell phone in the mosh pit at Soundgarden last night, i already have a bad experience buying stolen phones from craigslist so i wanted to see if anyone had a crappy verizon phone laying around that they wouldnt mind getting rid of. Id really appreciate it!!!
While I do have a phone that would meet your standards lying around, I'm over 5K miles from home. But I do have other advice for you - find the phone you want on craigslist based on proximity to you. Contact different people and when you setup a meeting, do it at or near a Verizon store. If they go and are willing to let you check the phone's validity, the phone is likely legit. Provided everything permits, have the store actually validate that the phone can be added. The whole process should take no more than 15-30 minutes.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:31 PM   #3
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
ive got one. its an lg vx8300. cheap flip phone that did me well. works fine. i dont have the charger but you can get one here for 3 bucks with free shipping-

http://www.amazon.com/Verizon-VX8300...2144362&sr=8-1
Old 08-01-2011, 05:45 AM   #4
jdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Name: Jimmy
jdhaas3's Tacoma Gallery
i have a first gen droid if you are interested in that
Old 08-01-2011, 05:57 AM   #5
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slmgt View Post
While I do have a phone that would meet your standards lying around, I'm over 5K miles from home. But I do have other advice for you - find the phone you want on craigslist based on proximity to you. Contact different people and when you setup a meeting, do it at or near a Verizon store. If they go and are willing to let you check the phone's validity, the phone is likely legit. Provided everything permits, have the store actually validate that the phone can be added. The whole process should take no more than 15-30 minutes.
x2 on validating the phone.

Have the person give you the MEID #. Call verizon and verify the phone can be activated on your account and you wont have any issues. It takes about 5 minutes and you don't even have to see the person before you purchase to make sure it is legit.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:17 AM   #6
avidoffroad.com
McJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotatacomaTRD View Post
x2 on validating the phone.

Have the person give you the MEID #. Call verizon and verify the phone can be activated on your account and you wont have any issues. It takes about 5 minutes and you don't even have to see the person before you purchase to make sure it is legit.
what if they give him a different phone's meid? Just saying. It's a good idea but physically taking the phone to verizon would be better. or dial*611 from the phone
Old 08-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #7
chanes8cwu is on a distinguished road

Name: Joe
chanes8cwu's Tacoma Gallery
Hey thanks everyone for you help....thanks to this awesome site i had a resolution to my problem within 30min of putting up the post, ROCK ON TACOMA WORLD!
Old 08-04-2011, 08:07 PM   #8
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanes8cwu View Post
Hey thanks everyone for you help....thanks to this awesome site i had a resolution to my problem within 30min of putting up the post, ROCK ON TACOMA WORLD!
Old 08-04-2011, 11:32 PM   #9
909tacoma is on a distinguished road
909tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaas3 View Post
i have a first gen droid if you are interested in that
Shoot me a pm with a price. My wife broke hers, waiting on her upgrade..

Products Discussed in this Thread