Originally Posted by ilovetacos
I found this on the Kenwood website regarding your KDC-X895 model:
You can plug your iPod or iPhone® into the USB input and take charge from the receiver, scrolling through your albums, artists, playlists and more. Kenwood adds even more functionality with Direct Search — enter the first three letters of an artist, tune, or album to quickly narrow your search. Or jump into Alphabet Search to get close to what you're looking for right away.
Not sure about the transfer of the music...Only a few songs were purchased directly from iTunes. I would say 99% of the music on the iPod was burned onto iTunes from my own CD's. I remember checking into this and I believe it can be done with the help of a program. I would google search it and find out how but I am pretty sure it's possible to transfer music from an iPod onto your iTunes.
You don't need some nifty program to transfer your music off your ipod to itunes! I figured out this method a few years ago and been teaching it to my friends since.
In Windows XP, Windows 7 just varies in that, Microsoft moved where you can get to folder options, other than that, it's the same thing. This does not
work for iPhones, iPads, iPod Touches. For those you need to jailbreak the device.
- Open My Computer/Computer
- On the top, click tools -> folder options (For Windows 7, I think you need to push ALT first on your keyboard, so this toolbar will show)
- When that opens, click on the "View" tab"
- Look for where it says "Hidden files and folders" -> Click show hidden files and folders
- Click OK
- Back at My Computer, Double click your iPod
- You should now see greyed out folders, one should be named "iPod_Control" (or iTunes_Control, I think it changes in the recent software updates) -> Double Click that folder.
- Now you should see a folder named "Music" -> Double Click and all those "F00, F01, F02, etc." is your music. Just Copy and Paste all those folders to where you want and then Import it into iTunes.
I would do one for Mac OS X too, But I can't seem to find my iPod...